Mustang Seat - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Another question(or two)regarding the Mustang seat. Does it provide support under the thighs? I have an Ultimate King Rider that does well in that area but I would like to sit lower since I'm kinda short.
    Do you guys have the original flat seating area or the "tuck & roll"?
    Thanks all, lotsa good information here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Short legged people get a Mustang, short armed get a Ultimate Mid Rider, large peps get a Ultimate King, extra large and tall get a Russell Day long and have the seat moved up and back.
    Have put 40K plus miles on the Ult Kg - fantastic seat. Did a 5 wk 10K trip. No problemo.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Have a Mustang seat on my 2013 F6B...Standard seat no pleats.
    Did a 31 state 8400 mile ride around the US in 18 days and the seat worked fantastic...
    I'm 5'7" if that matters....

Quote Originally Posted by a1scoot View Post
    Have a Mustang seat on my 2013 F6B...Standard seat no pleats.
    Did a 31 state 8400 mile ride around the US in 18 days and the seat worked fantastic...
    I'm 5'7" if that matters....
    That's the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you.
    If you see this, could you maybe answer the other question I had about support under the thighs? My Ultimate does a good job in that respect but I would like the same support in a little bit lower seat. I am also 5'7". Thanks.

Never had any issue regarding thigh support but I'm an avid off road rider still at 63 and when off roading I stand 90 percent of the time so my legs are fairly sturdy...
    The seat feels wider than stock so thigh support is there.
    I really like the mustang seat but the guy that sold it to me hated it...
    Were all different in that respect.
    a1scoot
    Last edited by a1scoot; 05-01-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a1scoot View Post
    Never had any issue regarding thigh support but I'm an avid off road rider still at 63 and when off roading I stand 90 percent of the time so my legs are fairly sturdy...
    The seat feels wider than stock so thigh support is there.
    I really like the mustang seat but the guy that sold it to me hated it...
    Were all different in that respect.
    a1scoot
    Thanks much my friend. I'm about ready to order one.

I put one on my 2013 when I bought it the stock seat was to wide in the front for me to flat foot at a stop, 5' 10' The mustang is firm but fairly comfy, for a 300 mile ride I put a airhawk on

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Short legged people get a Mustang, short armed get a Ultimate Mid Rider, large peps get a Ultimate King, extra large and tall get a Russell Day long and have the seat moved up and back.
    I don't know where did you get the "short people get a mustang" info. I'm about 5'7" and had a mustang seat that although it was soft it placed me further back and actually higher than the stock seat. I decided to keep my stock seat and instead tried to make it as comfortable as possible. As it is, I got it right where I need it instead of having to re-do everything again with a mustang seat.
    I think with some creativity and the right accessories the stock seat can be just as good.
    IMG_8096.jpg

Never had one myself but the the closest info is from this thread from Simon Templar: I've had my Mustang since roughly May of '16. It will sit you slightly back and about an inch lower. But that small amount will lower the Center of Gravity and compleatly change the way your bike handles. Much better than stock. It is also much more comfortable than the stock seat. I couldn't ride the stock seat more than about 20-25 miles at a stretch without severe back and tailbone pain (so bad my upper legs would become totally numb from it). With the Mustang seat I can easily go 75-100. Perhaps even more...but being an old fart these days, that's about as far as other parts of me can go at a stretch anyway...so I'll never really know how far the Mustang will actually go.

If you are shorter, it will also get your feet more securely on the ground at a stop. Alas....I am 6'3 and about 290...so it makes me look a little silly on it. However, the bike handles so much better that I haven't complained.

All of that being said, I do have to admit that I have a Corbin seat on order to replace it.But it has been on order since way the hell back in January and I haven't seen it yet. Corbin has made numerous false promises and flat out lies about imminent shipping...then they finally broke down and said 'maybe June or July if you're lucky'. SO, I am going to be riding the Mustang for awhile yet.

I could do worse.

Yep, that's what I said and I stand by it. I understand the full Wing Mustang is a different design...perhaps it will sit one higher. But, the F6B Mustang I have definitely puts you a bit lower (like maybe an inch or so)

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---