Hello form,
2019 I bought a 2018 Husqvarna TE300 with the intent to race Hare scrambles. Growing up in the PNW trail/motocross racing is what I did as a kid. Anyways I recorded all my races and posted them on my YouTube page -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmZKxE4w_qUog6_y38oSnQ. My YouTube name is kolsch221 T. My goal was to finish the race and not get last, well I did way better than I ever dreamed of. I ended up getting 3rd place overall in the NMA off-road racing series senior C class.
So what’s a Hare Scramble you might asked;
It’s a course anywhere from 7 to 20 miles one lap, You get 1.5 hours to get as many laps as possible.
The classes are either by age or riding experience. The course are different they usually start on motocross track then trails, single track “ super tight trails” sometimes endure course, logs, loader tires and whatever else they dream up. Lol.
I would say my favorite one was the Rimrock GP. It’s held every year on the Eastside of the Cascade mountains about 40 miles from Yakima. They race it in October once the reservoir is about 80% dried up, really high speed and some deep mud. 42 people in my class and I got 2nd place.
I plan on racing the 2020 season, but the first four races have been cancelled. Hopefully soon we can get back at it. I hope you enjoy the videos!!
Stay safe....
Cale