Blairsville, GA ride info?

Thread: Blairsville, GA ride info?

Blairsville, GA ride info?

Down in SoWest FLA, going out of our minds locked up and temps in the 90s keeping the Wing garaged, so we are going up to Blairsville in a week, four of us rented a cabin....have mapped a few rides using “myrout” app, checked out the “best roads” website in doing so...anyone with knowledge of the area that can give me the absolute best road, or roads, to not miss will be appreciated. We’ll also include a ride up to the Dragon, about an hour away, so that’s a full day there, then have 2 other days in GA. Thanks!!

A ton of great roads between the Dragon and Blairsville, I could write a book. I have two new places of interest I like, one close to the Dragon and one close to Blairsville. Maple
    Springs Observation Deck in the Joyce Kilmer Forest. Good cut thru between the Cherohala Skyway and the Dragon off Santeelah Road. And in Hiawassee find Bell Mountain, well worth a ride up to do a look see.

I would humbly recommend Highway 60 from Dahlonega through Suches and to Morganton where 60 intersects 76/515. That's a favorite of mine. It's more technical than the Cherohala, not quite as tight as the Dragon. Along that route on 60 in Suches, Wolfpen Gap Road branches off from Highway 60 toward Vogel State Park. There is a stretch of that road that is brief, but much tighter and more technical than the Dragon in my opinion. From Vogel, 19 South is a ton of fun with long sweepers.

On the way up to Dahlonega, 136 from Talking Rock to Amicalola is really nice and scenic too. If you have time while in the area, Highway 52 up over Fort Mountain from 515 to 411 is nice as well. Happy to chat offline if that's helpful.

Kind Regards and Safe Riding.

awesome! thanks for the feedback guys..now, busy with my route app, putting all that in....gonna need more time! Oh, caught a video going up top to Bell Mt....a few years ago I did Grandfather Mt off the Blue Ridge, that was tingling fantastic, so can’t wait!

I use these a lot and have the whole 11 map set. n ga.jpg smokies.jpg