Trip Planning

Thread: Trip Planning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    As an option for route planning check Harley Davidson's website for their Harley Ride Planner, it is free and not hard to use. For years I used Microsoft Streets and Trips but they quit supporting and updating that in 2014. On Harley's website you will need to create a user profile and then select Ride Planner from the drop down menu. The first few times you use the ride planner might be a bit of a struggle but after you become familiar with it you will find it pretty easy to use. All trips you create will be stored under your profile then any trips can be converted to a gpx file which you can download to a GPS. I have found that I prefer this to Garmin Basecamp and that it is free is a bonus.

Enjoy the ride
    Az Wingrider

The only downside is every route is altered to take you to past HD dealerships, and lists prices of the T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    The only downside is every route is altered to take you to past HD dealerships, and lists prices of the T-shirts.
    You can turn that feature off.
    All in all, the HD app is pretty good. Mostly because it is not complicated.