Trip Planning - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trip Planning

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    So much depends upon how much time you have. Hopefully things will be somewhat normalized by then.

A few of the things that I really enjoy are/were (just a few of the many):

• Grand Canyon South Rim and North Rim
      Zion National Park
      Bryce Canyon National Park
      UT-12 Red Canyon - Bryce Canyon - Escalante Grand Stair Case - Burr Trail (out to end of pavement and back) - Boulder Mountain
      Capitol Reef National Park
      Million Dollar Highway (US-550) Durango to Silverton to Ouray
    Took that very route, with the exception of 550. Went from West Virginia to California then up to Washington, east on the north through Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas all the way to Michigan then back to West Virginia. Took me about a month and a Half. Left June the first and came back July the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    Took that very route, with the exception of 550. Went from West Virginia to California then up to Washington, east on the north through Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas all the way to Michigan then back to West Virginia. Took me about a month and a Half. Left June the first and came back July the 20th.
    Sounds like an exceptional trip. I grew up in Lincoln County WV not far from Charleston. I though that you lived in WV, but now I see Palm Coast.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

So good Nat King Cole sang a song about it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Thanks for the input guys. I'll start exploring options, calculating the leave to travel time match.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    Do yourself a HUGE favor and get yourself a Butler Motorcycle map. It highlights all the best routes and color codes the best ones. Not a lot of guessing left. They are made by riders, for riders. I took pics of my route and keep them on my phone as well. They go for about $14 bucks if I recall, and are worth every cent. They compliment the GPS in my opinion.

I’m planning a trip down the west coast, two things I’m considering at the moment, many places don’t currently allow people in the restroom, Starbucks, McDonald’s, gas stations. when I stop to eat, lots of places are takeout only, so I would have to eat on the bike, or find a place to sit.

Hopefully things will change and this is not the “new normal”

Ride safe
    Hopefully, by late July, we are largely out of this mess. and not being constrained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    Sounds like a great opportunity for exploration. The areas mentioned by F6Bster are all great. If you are going to Albuquerque you might wander up to Taos which is a neat destination and then take US highways 64 and 84 through the Carson National Forrest to Chama (great steam train) and on to Pagosa Springs, Colorado. From Pagosa Springs you can access a lot of the great Colorado rides. Some of my favorites are Million Dollar Highway (US 550), Silver Thread (Co-149), Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Grand Mesa, and one of my favorites is from Cortez up CO-145, to Naturita then CO-90 through Bedrock to UT-45 to US-191 and into Moab.

If you move onto Utah it is an entirely different type of terrain. The places mentioned by F6Bster are all great riding in the southern part of the state. Zion is one of my favorite national parks and I always try to make time for it when I am in the area. Utah highways 12 and 24 are two of the greatest rides in the country and I urge to include them in your itinerary.

Have a great ride and tell us about it when its over
    Az Wingrider
    I am bringing my camera!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B