FB6 Cruise Control Set

Thread: FB6 Cruise Control Set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I'm having a problem with intermittent failure of cruise control set on my2016 FB6 Deluxe. I sprayed contact cleaner in set button and it resolved the issue temporarily but it did not last. Now I cannot set it at all. Any thoughts on how to resolve?
    When I was wrenching on Gold Wings a few years ago this was a common problem. The grease inside the switch gums up and does not allow the internal mechanism to move. Almost impossible to get anything like WD-40 or spray lubes into the switch. Try this - press the switch and instead of letting off immediately hold the switch in for 30 seconds or so. That may allow the internal mechanism to move position slowly. OR - if you're brave and of good character you can take the switch apart but be aware that there be dragons (very small springs and parts that like to run from you and hide on your garage floor)!! It can be done but it's risky cause if you lose the parts you are looking at buying a whole module, pretty sure Honda doesn't sell just the switch.

I can confirm that the mothership doesn't provide switch replacements. I had to have the entire left grip swapped out (under Honda Warranty) because the turn signal switch stopped working properly. It was simply gunked up and no 'physical' damage was ever found.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.