So, I have a few friends that ride BMW's, and are members of the BMW Owners group, that publishes a monthly BMW magazine. They usually give me the mags, when they are done, as sometimes there are interesting articles. So, I just read with astonishment, in the April 2020 issue, BMW AG, has recently purchased "a majority stake" in Harley-Davidson Motor Company. Apparently, with Harley struggling financially, and their stock being low, BMW saw an opportunity, to purchase at low cost, and this gives BMW a significant opportunity, to increase there sales and distribution, thru the existing Harley dealerships, world wide. I never saw this coming, and many BMW owners didn't either.
The article goes on to say BMW has met with Wisconsin Governor, and is building a new corporate office, in Wisconsin. Further in the article, It quotes Hans Gruber, BMW's director of acquisitions, says the move will allow BMW to control the future of Harley, by limiting the production of competing models, as those seen to be direct competition to BMW's upcoming R18. Also, the possibility of the Harley "Pan American", a powerful bike that could ruin the BMW R1250 GS sales, that BMW officials were ready to do anything necessary to stop that possibility form happening.
So, maybe some of you already knew this, but it was news to me. So, sometime in the future, BMW's , will be in Harley shops. Never thought I'd see that.