Possible F6B purchase - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible F6B purchase

Howdy from Minnesota. I’m 5’6” with on a good day a 29” inseam. Yes I’m for the most part tip toes. My first F6B had 35,000 miles and my current F6B has 50,000 miles. Both with stock seats with a short nap sheep skin. Got 2014 back from the Honda dealer on Tuesday for warranty work on a leaky finial drive. Wednesday went out for a 395 social distancing run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I'd say that's a pretty good price. I am a half inch taller than you, shorty... haha. 5'8.5" and 30" inseam. I find the bike to be just the right size. Using the stock seat cause, as ReserveBum says, you could spend all of quarantine reading seat reviews. I find the stock seat as comfortable as any even for long days in the saddle. The only thing I haven't added, but want, is the driver's backrest. I find the seat doesn't support good posture. But 3 years in and I still haven't bought one, so that tells you just how bad that problem isn't.
    One thing I recommend is to check every single switch to ensure they engage and release. Including the emergency flasher. The switches can get funked up inside and stop working. Shop can fix/clean if they don't work if needed.
    Thanks for the recommendation on the switches!
    How flat footed are you? I’m would definitely give the stock seat a try before buying anything. The inch it lowers just appealed to me. I am also interested in getting a drivers backrest. Any certain brand?

I wear boots that have about a 1 1/2" heel on them, I can put my feet flat on the ground. This is when my lower back is not quite touching the back part of the seat.

A friend had the adjustable backrest from Big Bike Parts and liked it.