Need highway pegs for vertical crash bars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need highway pegs for vertical crash bars

Need highway pegs for vertical crash bars

Good afternoon, I've finally decided I need a set of highway pegs for my 2013 F6b. I do not want Aero Pegs. I would like the pegs to be mounted up in the middle of the vertical crash bar as opposed to down low on the horizontal bar to avoid any scraping. I also like the way they look up on the vertical bars. Probably a by product of so many years riding a v-twin and mine were mounted on the vertical bars.

What size OD in inches is the vertical bar? I seem to find conflicting answers.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what brand works on the vertical bars? So far, I've only seen the mick-o-pegs that mount on the vertical rail. I'm kind of cheap so I really don't want to spend over $250 on any pegs. Any help is much appreciated...I haven't had much luck searching for the answer.

Thanks!!
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

Hi, I have the kurakkans peg mount twos. they are a very sturdy mount. I like them a lot happy searching..

If your only reference is the "mick-o-pegs," I second the Kuryakyn pegs recommendation. The Kury Ergo II or III Cruise Mounts (scroll down) attach to the horizontal bar but are MUCH HIGHER than the mick-o-pegs. They can still scrape, but not as easily as the mick-o-pegs.

Never tried to attach them to the vertical bar but it might be possible. Could be difficult to reach them with your feet.

Cyclemax also has a Kuryakyn standard peg for 1" pipes which may work for you. The guy at Cyclemax will answer an email and confirm if this fits the F6B.

I've got a set of the mick-o-pegs I'd sell for $25 + shipping to any "fool" who wants them. They have lots of scrapes. Actually very comfortable but can be dangerous if you lean to far.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Thanks guys, I wasn't worried about how low the pegs are when you are riding with them extended and in use. They'd be used for long stretches of pure highway travel (highway pegs). I was more interested in the mounting them on the vertical rail so when they are folded up and out of the way I won't scrape them when I'm carving turns during spirited riding.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    If your only reference is the "mick-o-pegs," I second the Kuryakyn pegs recommendation. The Kury Ergo II or III Cruise Mounts (scroll down) attach to the horizontal bar but are MUCH HIGHER than the mick-o-pegs. They can still scrape, but not as easily as the mick-o-pegs.

Never tried to attach them to the vertical bar but it might be possible. Could be difficult to reach them with your feet.

Cyclemax also has a Kuryakyn standard peg for 1" pipes which may work for you. The guy at Cyclemax will answer an email and confirm if this fits the F6B.

I've got a set of the mick-o-pegs I'd sell for $25 + shipping to any "fool" who wants them. They have lots of scrapes. Actually very comfortable but can be dangerous if you lean to far.
    Sent you a PM

I have the "NEW" kury II's . spring loaded so they pop up when your feet come off them. super happy

Quote Originally Posted by StoichSix View Post
    Good afternoon, I've finally decided I need a set of highway pegs for my 2013 F6b. I do not want Aero Pegs. I would like the pegs to be mounted up in the middle of the vertical crash bar as opposed to down low on the horizontal bar to avoid any scraping. I also like the way they look up on the vertical bars. Probably a by product of so many years riding a v-twin and mine were mounted on the vertical bars.

What size OD in inches is the vertical bar? I seem to find conflicting answers.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what brand works on the vertical bars? So far, I've only seen the mick-o-pegs that mount on the vertical rail. I'm kind of cheap so I really don't want to spend over $250 on any pegs. Any help is much appreciated...I haven't had much luck searching for the answer.

Thanks!!
    I just got a 2015 with black Ergo III's already installed. I'm
    switching them out to Rivco Aeros. You wanna save a few
    bucks on used pegs, or are you looking to buy new? I'll sell
    you these for $200. They function 100%; they've got some
    drag marks on the underside that are not visible when
    looking at them from the top.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B Deluxe

I picked up a new set of Kuryakyn Ergo III's today while picking up oil and a filter.

I installed them tonight and low and behold, the left arm assembly does not spring back up like the right side does. It's stuck in the down position. I also had a heck of a time dealing with the powder coating making the bolts next to impossible to start and thread in.

To try and fix the stuck arm assembly, I loosened the large center bolt at the base of the arm a few times 1/4 turn at a time and it only got worse.

Has anyone had issues with their Ergo III's???

The first set of pegs were returned. The second set looked as nice as the first pair. I had to start each bolt a little by hand and then drive it home with an impact wrench. The threads have too much powder coating on the threads. It acts like red, dried up loctite.

Also, one arm moves downward further than the other. They are both adjusted level to the ground and I also took measurements. One travels downward almost one full inch further than the other. It's weird and I cannot see how I can adjust these.

Let me know if anyone has had this issue and knows how to resolve it.

I’m reading this thread and can only think that it’s too bad you don’t like the Rivco Aero pegs. I’m sure you’re familiar with them...you wouldn’t be going through all this.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.