Kury Ergo III Bracket & Trident Foot Pegs

Thread: Kury Ergo III Bracket & Trident Foot Pegs

Kury Ergo III Bracket & Trident Foot Pegs

Finally installed my Kury Ergo III brackets with Trident pegs. Feels great on center-stand[... the position of extension works well for my 29" inseam. I'll hopefully get a test ride done this weekend. When deployed and you put your boot on the peg, the arm drops down a bit to allow for a comfortable leg angle. Take your boot off... the bracket swings back up.

Ergo III Trident 07.jpg
    Ergo III Trident 08.jpg
    Ergo III Trident 04.jpg
    Ergo III Trident 05.jpg
    Ergo III Trident 02.jpg

I have the same ones on my bike. I really like them. I have mine set up so I can have my whole foot on the OE peg, put my heel on the peg and my toes on the kury, foot just on the kury, or drape my leg across the top of it. Gives several options while on longer trips.

If I can make one small suggestion...consider angling them up just a little bit. I found that when mounted flat, they touch down before the engine guards, but when angled up a bit, they don't pose that hard-point touchdown hazard.

Yup... already made that adjustment to tilt the bracket up more.

Did you have any trouble getting the bolts through the extensions, mine will not go all the way through and I am rounding the head off trying to force it.

Big Rick - No, no troubles on mine. Is the powder coat too thick, making the opening too small, maybe?

the powder coating is thick, but the bolts start to thread in and stop not even halfway through, kinda like its cross threaded or a metric bolt going into a standard thread......I gave up and haven't went back to it yet

I've had nothing but issues with mine. I'm already on the second set of pegs. The first ones were absolutely terrible. The powder coating infiltrates every single thread preventing the bolts from going in. It's a manufacturing flaw. The could have coated these with plugs inserted in the holes to prevent the issue. I tried to chase the threads with a tap and die and couldn't even get the tap to start correctly. After trying several other holes, I gave up on that idea suspecting I was going to make it worse. I started each screw by hand and then screwed them home with an impact wrench. After all that hassle, one side of the arms wouldn't even work. When you step on it, it ratchets all the way around and doesn't stop. After inspecting it, it was either a defect or someone else messed it up and returned the pegs and passed their issue along to me. The helix was actually rounded off and in no way was going to function properly. The second set was a little better. I was able to get the threads started with the impact and worked them back and forth a bunch of times to free the threads. After installation, one side has one full inch of downward travel more than the other side. They are both level to the ground. One arm has more travel than the other side does. It feels a little awkward but I'm making due. No adjustments can be made to it.

I wished I had either bought the Ergo II's, Aeros or Micks. These III's would be great if they worked right. They sure look and feel nice though. There might be a way to adjust these to match but I haven't been able to get that worked out. I've taken them both apart and I can't see how to adjust them anymore than they already are.
    Last edited by StoichSix; 06-26-2020 at 06:44 PM.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

I did notice some resistance so I hand threaded (prior to assembly) slowly and when it started to bind, used a rachet to slowly work the bolt in to break through what I assumed was some powder coating residual inside the threads.