Sena 50S/R
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sena 50S/R

Sena 50S/R

Hey, has anyone picked up one of the new Sena models? I have one on order, to take the place of my 20S, and was looking for real world reviews.

Has your 20s quit or do feel the need for new?

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Has your 20s quit or do feel the need for new?
    It still works, but is getting on in years, and the battery has always been a sore spot. Sometimes it lasts 6 hours, sometimes, (including last Saturday), it lasts 2. Sena has a trade in program going right now, and they are crediting me $135 to send in my 20S, with freight paid by them. That drops the cost of the new unit below $200, so not bad. The 20S doesn't have mesh technology, which is supposed to be easier to link to other riders.

Does anyone have a comment on performance of the new Sena units...particularly music quality?

I did a 50s. Worked great untill update. As usual for sena that messed it up. Returned it. Got another on the way. Also got a new helmet so I got a packtalk bold. That thing works good. The sena had the best sound for music though. Keep your 20s.

If anyone gets a 50s do not update to the 1.03 version. You will not be happy. Worked well out of the box. Use the non wi fi charge cable. They include one that will auto update the unit. So on day two after update, It lost voice commands and phone use. Man it sounds so good with music.On the sena forum the 50r (slim) did ok with update.

Also be advised if you hook up with more than 3 friends they will need to be mesh capable. The old 20s could do 8 i think on regular Bluetooth. And sena mesh is not compatible with packtalk mesh. And neither packtalk or sena work well with my garmin 595 gps! If you want the phone and text message to show on the garmin you loose the voice commands on the packtalk. Did not have the sena long enough to check that with the new sena.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    I did a 50s. Worked great untill update. As usual for sena that messed it up. Returned it. Got another on the way. Also got a new helmet so I got a packtalk bold. That thing works good. The sena had the best sound for music though. Keep your 20s.
    I'm on 1.03 with my 50S, and it works fine. I'm very happy with the battery life. As far as hooking up with a bunch of other riders, I can't say I do that often anyway. I ride solo a fair amount, and when I'm not solo, I'd rather listen to music than others yapping...

Well that is good news. I thought I might have a defective unit. My x told me that. Hey look at your sena app. Mine said sena 50s 1.01 version 1.03. What does your say? Also thinking of going to to rally. You want to ride along? Okc here.

JM, did you buy from Sena? I went Amazon on 2nd unit. 1st one from cyclegear.