Sena 50S/R - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sena 50S/R

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    JM, did you buy from Sena? I went Amazon on 2nd unit. 1st one from cyclegear.
    I bought mine direct from Sena. It was about $50 more than Amazon, but Sena gave me $135 for my old 20S, which they only did if you bought from them.

The new 50s is working well. A few issues updating it on windows. Had to plug into back of pc. And turn off windows device driver signing requirement. And practice voice commands. Works good now.

The new 50s is working well. A few issues updating it on windows. Had to plug into back of pc. And turn off windows device driver signing requirement. And practice voice commands. Works good now.
    What is "Windows"?

So imo, with a comparison of the 20s with iasus speakers, a packtalk bold jbl with 45 mm speakers and the sena 50s with stock speakers i find the sena 50s to have the best sound for music out of all. Thats what i use it for most commonly. Also the 50s speakers are fairly thin. I would have put money on the packtalk being best but imo its not. Now the packtalk does work its features better as in noise canceling and voice commands but i think those are issues that might be addressed by updates. Please share your experience. Had I not tried the new sena I would be happy with the packtalk. This all started with a quest to get a new helmet to replace an old neotec. Its so comfortable. The neotec 2 is nice but at 4lbs I thought I would find something lighter. Best replacement I found for the old neotec so far is the Bell SRT and Schuberth c3pro.

I have the 50s and I am not happy with the audio quality, I can barely hear the music.

I'm thinking of updating to the new 50s. I'm still using my 10s. I upgraded the speakers last year after buying a new Goldwing. I used speakers from a set of Panasonic headphones I bought on Amazon. The sound is great. So I don't have a lot of reason to upgrade except I understand that the new models allow you to still hear your music while on intercom. Is that true?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I'm thinking of updating to the new 50s. I'm still using my 10s. I upgraded the speakers last year after buying a new Goldwing. I used speakers from a set of Panasonic headphones I bought on Amazon. The sound is great. So I don't have a lot of reason to upgrade except I understand that the new models allow you to still hear your music while on intercom. Is that true?
    As I understand info from sena help desk community forum the 50s will do it if your on a mesh intercom, ie talking to someone with a 30k or another 50 s or r. If your using regular Bluetooth to talk to a 10s or 20s the music will stop when someone talks then resume. I have not checked this all out yet but will let you know as jmdaniel and I might try it if he’s game at the no frills rally to Colorado in September. Check out the comments on sena’s forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I have the 50s and I am not happy with the audio quality, I can barely hear the music.
    Hey vandal try doing a factory reset and then a fault reset with a paper clip while powered on. It will go off when you poke it enough. Also happened to me once, make sure phone volume is at max. My 50s is very loud. What kinda helmet you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Weren’t you the guy with the killer audio system? You got a new bike? I think I could hear your bike speakers here in Oklahoma!

Weren’t you the guy with the killer audio system? You got a new bike? I think I could hear your bike speakers here in Oklahoma!
    Yep and yes I still have the F6B and a Valkyrie. I bought a 2019 DCT Tour July of last year. With how everything is integrated on the new Wing, I wanted to see how well I could make the in helmet audio go instead. I'm pretty happy with the speaker upgrade to my helmet. Don't really feel the need for the blasting speakers on the new bike. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but now I can hear my music with decent quality and not have my ears feel like they've been assaulted after spending all day in the saddle. Plus, I gave up a saddlebag for a sub and amplifier. No luggage space lost. Basically, I still have the F6B if I choose to ride and share my music.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"