Corbin Strikes Again....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Strikes Again....

Corbin Strikes Again....

Some hereabouts may have read my comments elsewhere in the forums about the troubles I was having with Corbin and the lousy treatment I'd received from them after ordering their Smugglers Trunk for my Matte Silver back in late January.

Although they promised 4-6 week delivery when I placed the order...months later I was still waiting. Every time I called them about it, I received a new and different excuse and lots more empty promises about the matter. In fact, in March the person with whom I spoke basically told me that I just naturally should have known that they wouldn't do it in 4 - 6 weeks regardless of their promises ...so apparently that made it MY fault.

Finally.....it arrived last Friday ( 15 MAY....four months after placing the order ). Nice big box....not well-packed, but safely more than adequate. Paperwork packed inside matched the Sales Invoice they emailed me when I ordered. Someone had even scrawled on the outside of the box what was inside....right down to the Matte Silver colour.

I'll let all of you decide about what I received for my $1900 and change.......

Right Side.jpg Scrapes.jpg

(Oh...and I forgot to mention....the mounting hardware packed with it was missing a few items as well. Nothing terribly bad....but kind of goes along with the rest of the situation. Whomever packaged that portion of things is unable to count to two. Ironically, they proved that twice)

I will never make the mistake that is Corbin Saddles ever again

.....sT
    Last edited by SimonTemplar; 05-19-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

It ARRIVED with those scratches on it?

Jason

Yep. Don't know if I am going to be charged extra for those or I get 'em for free. But, that's the way it came out of the box. No idea how they occurred. Since it will have to be repainted anyway....not sure that it matters terribly, though.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired

Also....the seat colour was ordered as what Corbin calls 'Chocolate Brown Leather'.

This is the colour shown on their website.....

Chocolate Brown Leather.jpg

I'd love to whine about this as well. But...with everything else, why spend the energy? (Unless, of course, they got that colour wrong too)

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired

It looks good, follows the lines of the bike nicely

The black goes well with your colors so no need to paint if you so choose

4 months for a scratched trunk, and the wrong color? Oooo I'd be pissed off! Send the pics to them, and demand a refund.

Ditto. 1900 dollars and that wait and the wrong color and that condition? What in the world...

Jason
    Last edited by Verismo; 05-19-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Really like the way the seat fits the bike's lines and proportions. Colors look great on your bike.
    Seems like a good idea to avoid Corbin till they get things straightened out internally if they can.

It never would have gotten mounted if it were me. I may have even cancelled before that long.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Also....the seat colour was ordered as what Corbin calls 'Chocolate Brown Leather'.

This is the colour shown on their website.....

Chocolate Brown Leather.jpg

I'd love to whine about this as well. But...with everything else, why spend the energy? (Unless, of course, they got that colour wrong too)

.....sT
    How much internal room? If you were going to paint it to match I’d demand a 30 to 40% refund. If not, I’d tell em you want your money back, especially for the seat color. Looks sharp tho.