Luggage rack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luggage rack

Luggage rack

Heading out to Yellowstone again, have the carrier that mounts to the trailer hitch but looking at a luggage rack also, like the looks of the black Honda rack, looks a bit small but goes with the style of the bike , in my opinion. Any one have an opinion on it ? Thanks in advance.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

You are right, they are a bit too small to haul whats needed.

It works fine as long as your the bottom of your bag is Semi solid.

I like my Big Bike Parts rack. It's wider all the way around and allows for more variation in tie-down attachments. I've comfortably hauled a load of wood for a camp fire on it.

https://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/f6b.../318817/204256
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 05-22-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Heading out to Yellowstone again, have the carrier that mounts to the trailer hitch but looking at a luggage rack also, like the looks of the black Honda rack, looks a bit small but goes with the style of the bike , in my opinion. Any one have an opinion on it ? Thanks in advance.
    Hey Chop,

I agree the OE rack is small and not very user friendly. For things other than a T Bag type. If you are hauling anything else, good luck securing...some aftermarket racks look much more functional...

Jus sayin.

Are you stopping by the Blacks on the way?? wnna make sure we are here, and not out riding...lol

Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by Pumper View Post
    Hey Chop,

I agree the OE rack is small and not very user friendly. For things other than a T Bag type. If you are hauling anything else, good luck securing...some aftermarket racks look much more functional...

Jus sayin.

Are you stopping by the Blacks on the way?? wnna make sure we are here, and not out riding...lol

Pumper
    Probably going to order the OE rack, small ,but works for me, I have the rack, ordered on the recommendation of a forum member, that attaches to my trailer hitch, works well. Vacation plans are ever evolving and changing according to the states and their reactions of the virus. Text me an address/town near by so I can see if it fits in our travel plans. Cheers !
    Last edited by choptop; 05-23-2020 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Brain Fart
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    It works fine as long as your the bottom of your bag is Semi solid.
    +1. Turn my drybag sideways across back seat and on to rack. Works great as drybag is as wide as me and does not hang out in hte wind.

I know I am a little late to the game on this issue. But I have the factory rack and found a bag made by Viking bags that fits quite well on the factory one. The bag is just stitting there because I had just gotten it and wanted to see the fit.

IMG_20201229_124934141.jpg

IMG_20201229_124944816.jpg

IMG_20201229_124957317.jpg

here's the link I hope....https://www.vikingbags.com/sport-bla...-8564-prd1.htm
    Last edited by Casper96; 03-03-2021 at 07:10 PM. Reason: forgot something

Thanks for posting, Casper96. Exactly what I'm looking for. Its been a while since your post and I'm wondering, Did the bag hold up well and also, do you know if a Helmet will fit in the bag? I'm not fussy using the helmet holder on my bike, I'm use to putting helmet in the trunk but I don't and won't have a trunk on my F6b.
    Thanks, Derek from Newfoundland, Canada

Viking Axe Tail Bag

Thanks for posting, Casper96. Exactly what I'm looking for. Its been a while since your post and I'm wondering, Did the bag hold up well and also, do you know if a Helmet will fit in the bag? I'm not fussy using the helmet holder on my bike, I'm use to putting helmet in the trunk but I don't and won't have a trunk on my F6b.<br>
    Thanks, Derek from Newfoundland, Canada