Half covers recommendation

Thread: Half covers recommendation

Half covers recommendation

Anyone have a half cover that they would recommend getting. Want to cover the bike while at work

https://wingstuff.com/products/37085...lf-cover-black

Fits nicely on the B, keeps the rain/sun off, easy off/on, and packs very small.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

I've got the "Nelson-Rigg UV-2000-04-XL Silver X-Large UV-2000 Motorcycle Half Cover" for about the same price. It fits perfectly even if I have a bag on the passenger seat and the rear of the cover "catches" nicely on the rear of the my luggage rack.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxsr View Post
    https://wingstuff.com/products/37085...lf-cover-black

Fits nicely on the B, keeps the rain/sun off, easy off/on, and packs very small.
    I have a real cheap half cover I used on my Wing. From the photo of this it looks similar. BUT mine is not wide enough to slide down over the saddle bags on my 'B. Does this Ultra Guard cover go down all the way over the saddle bags when there's nothing on the rear seat?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I have a real cheap half cover I used on my Wing. From the photo of this it looks similar. BUT mine is not wide enough to slide down over the saddle bags on my 'B. Does this Ultra Guard cover go down all the way over the saddle bags when there's nothing on the rear seat?
    Unless I'm badly mistaken, half-covers, by their nature, aren't designed to cover the saddle bags but simply keep the 'top' of the bike dry/shaded. Mine catches my luggage rack and has ample room to allow for the antenna and a strapped-on bag.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

This is my recommendation I had the Nelson rigg it scratched the @#*k out of b
    Haven't had in heavy rain yet but no scratches!
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ium-half-cover
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I remember correctly, several of the less than "3" star reviews on Amazon where for scratches on bikes. My Nelson-Rigg hasn't scratched the bike but it fits nice and snug over the front cowl and windshield and the Big Bike Parts luggage rack in the back. Almost like it was custom made for my bike.

It doesn't cover the saddle bags at all but there water proof when closed.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxsr View Post
    Unless I'm badly mistaken, half-covers, by their nature, aren't designed to cover the saddle bags but simply keep the 'top' of the bike dry/shaded. Mine catches my luggage rack and has ample room to allow for the antenna and a strapped-on bag.
    I guess what I really want is a 3/4 cover.

My 'sadness' is that the half covers are designed to fit over the big trunk, so I hoped it would slide down over the bags instead since we have no trunk. I don't have a luggage rack so it just kind of grips the lip at the rear of the bike above the taillights. It's held on through pretty high wind, but also sags too much and pools rain water.

Thanks for all the information and choices