Covid and Riding my notice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid and Riding my notice

Covid and Riding my notice

My wife and I are hanging out at our place in the Black Hills...so we ride quite abit, during the lockdown, SoDak, did not engage with that. Many places were/are open and such...

Anyway, traffic is non-existant, State and National Parks, closed, but not blocked off...Riding is the some of the best in the USA here, now zero traffic...
    Fast foward, since MN and WI has loosened their restrictions. Traffic with RV's and all the toys, has increased considerably....oh well, I still ride Needles aand Iron Mnt. without seeing a cage for 10 miles...To me that is a small piece of Heaven..
    Peace out...
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Pumper

That is great Pumper. It would be awesome if I could ride those roads now!
    I did the Sturgis thing many years ago. We did Needles Hwy and waited forever it seemed to get through that tiny rock tunnel.

We were there last fall traffic was light riding was great

I was hoping to ride out to a Paso Robles, North to Salinas, then down Hwy 1 along the coast. Any members here have info I should know about? I know restaurants are still take-out only.

Leaving Memorial Day.

Thanks.

Ride safe.

D14099C0-06EC-46A6-A0E2-C33326B4EDCA.jpg

I’m hoping to do a southern road trip while I’m laid off. My concern isn’t traffic as much as accommodations. I have family all over, but because of the virus, visiting doesn’t seem feasible. I have no problem using hotels but hoping they’ll be available to me. The south is opening quicker than here. We’ll be one of the last, and so will my job, a bus driver.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumper View Post
    My wife and I are hanging out at our place in the Black Hills...so we ride quite abit, during the lockdown, SoDak, did not engage with that. Many places were/are open and such...

Anyway, traffic is non-existant, State and National Parks, closed, but not blocked off...Riding is the some of the best in the USA here, now zero traffic...
    Fast foward, since MN and WI has loosened their restrictions. Traffic with RV's and all the toys, has increased considerably....oh well, I still ride Needles aand Iron Mnt. without seeing a cage for 10 miles...To me that is a small piece of Heaven..
    Peace out...
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Pumper
    Great news Pumper. I have had reservations for Spearfish for a year and we have been concerned about being able to go or not. We are really looking forward to it and hoping the traffic does not increase much by the time we get there in mid June.

Will be heading that way as part of a 9 night Yellowstone trip, if all goes as hoped and earlier, pre virus, planned. Lol
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

I rode thru Carmel and along that coastline yesterday...Most of the pullouts that have a view were coned off...
    What is newsom smoking?

We had nearly zero traffic for a long time, now its getting much heavier. Wa, Or, Id have some AMAZING riding, seems the word is out.
    (Western Washington St)

Quote Originally Posted by a1scoot View Post
    I rode thru Carmel and along that coastline yesterday...Most of the pullouts that have a view were coned off...
    What is newsom smoking?
    Maybe he is reserving space for homeless encampments? If you drink the punch, you’ll see. In skid row they share needles and crack pipes even now, with not one cone in sight.

Sorry for the rant, ride safe.