What was I thinking?

Thread: What was I thinking?

What was I thinking?

I have thought about doing a front end rebuild on my 2013 6. It has 44k on the clock and is a bear on rough roads. I looked at the manual and in the end I decided to have it looked at and fixed by a shop. I cannot deal with the dealership in my town so I if I put the bike in for service (I do most of my own maintenance) I take it to a local shop whose specialty is Ducatis. They looked at it but decided they did not want to take it on. I checked around with some riders I know and read reviews and decided to have Love Motorsports in Cyrstal River look at it. Dropped the bike off 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have called several times and been told someone would call me the next day. Never happened. The shop is about an hour's drive from my house, so today I drove over there. My bike is setting outside the front fender is off and that is it. Two different guys in service talked to me and they went and talked to someone in the back. The bottom line is there has been nothing done on the bike. They say it is next to go in. I am now f'n furious. If I had been in my own town I would have had the wife come over and I would have taken my fender and my bike and left. I was assured someone would call me Monday with the estimate. Not holding my breath but if I don't hear from them Monday I will get my brother and drive over there and bring the bike home. It is so difficult to find good service. Rant is over I guess I feel a little better. (not)

Wow, that situation sucks! If I ever make it to Florida, I'll stay away from Love Motorsports. Hope they do a good job on your bike. Had my front end rebuilt at Midnight Motorsports, in Minnesota, they are a Traxion Dealer. They were excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Wow, that situation sucks! If I ever make it to Florida, I'll stay away from Love Motorsports. Hope they do a good job on your bike. Had my front end rebuilt at Midnight Motorsports, in Minnesota, they are a Traxion Dealer. They were excellent.
    Well, I guess the visit did its job. They called a few minutes ago and have it all disassembled and it should be ready to go as long as the parts they ordered arrive in a timely manner. I will come back and let everyone know how they do. I think this whole COVID thing and stay at home probably had something to do with the time delay. I guess communication was the problem for me. It is not knowing what is going on that bothers me. I hope they do a good job because I want to keep the bike for a few more years and I also would like to have a dealership I can work within the area. Now if I can stay out of the showroom, they have a leftover red 2018 Wing advertised on their website for $17999 and it has been there for a while.

I did my own front end it was really not that bad.. I totally understand the 2018 I've been looking also. all balls taper bearing made all the difference in the world feels like power steering now tracks straight no more wondering.

I agree with you the motor sports here in Maryland is terrible. You have to have you bike serviced with you watching. supervised. LOL

Well, the 6 is finally home. The shop is 50 minutes from my house. I wanted to be mad because they (Love Motorsports) had my bike for 5 weeks however, the front end feels better than it has since it was new. The more I rode the bigger the smile got. Combine that with a sincere apology and a bill for $300 less than the original estimate I think they did ok. Part of the delay was the whole COVID thing I'm sure. They made me happy in the end and the 6 is back to its original fun. If you need your Wing worked on in Crystal River Fl. take it to Love Motorsports and have Patrick work on it. He did alright by me once they got to work on it.

image.jpg
    Last edited by valkmc; 06-02-2020 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added photo