Beeline Navigation Tool

Thread: Beeline Navigation Tool

Beeline Navigation Tool

Has anyone tried the Beeline system? Three questions...1.) Does it really work well 2.) Can you readily read the screen? 3.)Where are you mounting it on you F6B?

I just Googled it and in my opinion it looks dangerous. It doesn't appear to give you any warning for turns. I'll stick with my Garmins
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Guess it would be OK for someone who does not know how to read a map.

I've got one and like it. It takes some getting used to but...

1. It provides enough information without a bunch of data that you get from a Garmin or other standard GPS, that requires too much focus away from the road. Yes, I can "read" a map but it's nice to have help if my memory fails of a detour is needed.

2. It's easy to read in total sunlight and at night.

3. I've mounted it to the "shelf" in front of the instrument panel, allowing me to shift the angle for a clearer view.

4. The battery lasts for more than 24 hours of riding and charges quickly. I used it on my Iron Butt 1000 and 1500 mile rides.

I took a picture last weekend of my dash with the Beeline mounted and in use. One shows distance to turn to the left and the other shows GPS speed.

20200524_100430.jpg20200524_100820.jpg
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I use Beeline... and it has it's purpose in terms of providing a "Heads-up" for turns and such... and "recalculating" directional guide (arrow) if you make changes in your established "route" (in your head...). I like the small form factor... and IF I had to have a more conventional "larger screen w/map" view... one could take one's smartphone... mount it to the handlebars (or wherever) for easy viewing and have a more conventional "GPS" device interface. I also like that I can turn it on... put in a general "route" and then go off-script and "just ride" and it will map out my trip for viewing after I get back home. IMO, I don't see Beeline as a 100% replacement for a conventional GPS unless you mount your phone.

Screenshot_20200531-163754.jpg
    Last edited by OlyF6B; 06-03-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I've got one and like it. It takes some getting used to but...

1. It provides enough information without a bunch of data that you get from a Garmin or other standard GPS, that requires too much focus away from the road. Yes, I can "read" a map but it's nice to have help if my memory fails of a detour is needed.

2. It's easy to read in total sunlight and at night.

3. I've mounted it to the "shelf" in front of the instrument panel, allowing me to shift the angle for a clearer view.

4. The battery lasts for more than 24 hours of riding and charges quickly. I used it on my Iron Butt 1000 and 1500 mile rides.

I took a picture last weekend of my dash with the Beeline mounted and in use. One shows distance to turn to the left and the other shows GPS speed.

20200524_100430.jpg20200524_100820.jpg
    SeaSteve,

I live in Dallas and try to ride the Texas Hill Country as often as possible. Would you like to ride together sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by indadman View Post
    SeaSteve,

I live in Dallas and try to ride the Texas Hill Country as often as possible. Would you like to ride together sometime?
    Sure. Send me a PM so we can share email addresses.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.