Considering an Ultimate seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering an Ultimate seat

Considering an Ultimate seat

A question for riders with Ultimate King Seats. Do you have clearance to remove the side covers without removing the seat or does it make removal difficult, like the Mustang seat does?
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I am able to remove my side panels without removing my Ultimate King seat. I just have to go at it a little slower to maneuver the panel into the correct position. I had a Mustang prior to the Ultimate and could not remove the panels while it was mounted.

I can remove them without removing the seat. It always takes a little work, even with the stock seat, to attach the panels behind the saddlebag doors, but able to install lunder the edge of the seat with just a little care. I like my Ultimate.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Thanks for the replies.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Be very cautious leaving seat on and removing side cover the mounting tab at to towards rear is very prone to breaking off. by not removing seat you are having to pull downwards instead of pulling it straight off. I had 2 Ultimate seats 1 on B other on full wing. Great seats!!

Please be careful.
    The Ultimate King seat on my 2018 Tour does not fit me as well as the ones on the previous wings.
    But yes I can remove the side panels without removing the King seat.

Decided to go forward with the used Ultimate seat with drivers backrest induced. Thanks for the input and the "cautions."

When it comes to hips and derrière, I'm easy to please. Even the stock seat isn't bad...With a backrest for low back support. My Big Bike Parts back rest feels too high on my back even at the lowest setting.

Also like the idea of sitting a little further back.

You should be pleased. I rode stock for a couple of years then moved to the Mustang for a while. It was the ride to the F6B rally in Arkansas that did me in on the Mustang. About 800 miles in a day and for the last 100 I was running 90 plus just to get there and get off of that seat. One of the other attendees had an Ultimate, sat on his bike, and was sold. We rode over to Bikes/Blues/BBQ and I went directly to the Ultimate trailer and made the purchase. They tried to sell me the mid rider based on my height but I likes how the King sat me further back, allowing me more leg room. I corrected the reach later with some Kury risers that set the bars back a little closer.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    You should be pleased. I rode stock for a couple of years then moved to the Mustang for a while. It was the ride to the F6B rally in Arkansas that did me in on the Mustang. About 800 miles in a day and for the last 100 I was running 90 plus just to get there and get off of that seat. One of the other attendees had an Ultimate, sat on his bike, and was sold. We rode over to Bikes/Blues/BBQ and I went directly to the Ultimate trailer and made the purchase. They tried to sell me the mid rider based on my height but I likes how the King sat me further back, allowing me more leg room. I corrected the reach later with some Kury risers that set the bars back a little closer.
    That is how you do it! Sit where you like and make the bars come to you. For me a RDL made way back and up for my big self with Heli bars and risers.

I'm 6'3" with 36" inseam and 240lb.

My favorite seat has been the Mustang on my VTX 1300R. The Mustang with the passenger seat gives a total 9" of back support. After trading the bike for a VTX 1800 I went with an Ultimate and NO passenger seat but added a drivers backrest. It worked fine and was equal to the Mustang on my rear and hips. The base plate did crack due to my pressure on the backrest, but Ultimate replaced it for the my cost of shipping one way.

I'm looking forward to getting as much leg room as possible. I miss the "cruiser comfort" angle of my legs...but LOVE the "cruise control"...and good stereo, high MPG, long distance between fill-ups, smooth ride, lots of storage, etc. (Stupid Air Filter Change)