Windshield Height

Thread: Windshield Height

Windshield Height

I am getting close to having to replace the windshield on my 2016 F6B. My current windshield is positioned so that I have look up just a bit to see over it. Does any on this forum have an opinion on windshield height for the F6B...from both a range of vision and a buffeting perspective.

Harley-Davidson-Ultra-Windshield-sight-line-Measurement-1024x243-768x182.jpg
    Look over it. If you get a Maddstad you will be able to look well over without buffeting.
    Last edited by 2wheelsforme; 06-03-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Agree with 2wheelsforme. The AngryStad and other stacked (2 layer) shields seem to do the best job of controlling buffeting. It's because the air is allowed up behind the shield to reduce the low-pressure suction that collapses the air coming across top edge.

For mine, at its low setting (around chin height), I get a bit of a breeze and very slight buffeting at highway speed when in traffic (none if traffic is light). At its tall setting (around nose height) there is zero wind, and almost car-like in air control. For reference, I'm 6'1", and long in torso, and am using the 15" shield, which the manufacturer recommends for my height. I put linear actuators on mine so I can adjust electrically to suit my taste for the day.

Before the AngryStad, I used a Clearview Full Wing Shield +4 (i.e. it's 4" taller than a stock Full Wing shield) which put it around nose height. It performed about as well as the AngryStad in its low position, despite actually being higher. It was never able to produce the still air that the AngryStad can at full up.

As they said here...Look over not through, AngryStad gives you pie and cake, and lets you eat both. Great invention, no buffeting.
    rdbonds did it one better, he installed linear actuators, now he has ice cream with his cake/pie.

It is not as popular as the Maddstad but I am very fond of my Windbender by Firecreek. It has a wide range of adjustment, I experience no buffeting with it and I like the way it looks. I have been riding with it on my F6B since it was new and had one on my previous Goldwing GL1800 as well.

Windshields are like tires, everyone has their favorite and you might have to try several before you find one that suits you. Good luck

The Stad was on the bike I have now. I’m just under 6’, and I look through it. I guess it’s adjusted high, but I like it a lot. I had a Klock Werks on my previous, and I liked that too. On that one, I was looking over it. Different strokes.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.