Warning! Bike on it's side. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning! Bike on it's side.

Thanks for the heads-up, 2wheelsforme. I had never given it a moment's thought, and I've had mine over on its side a bunch of times for tire changes. For a while there, I seemed to be picking up nails about every 1k miles. I must have gotten lucky.

IMG_20170416_184325.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Give a holler and lets ride to lunch or something. Here is the bike resting easy after getting some of the fuel removed. New pads on the front Wednesday and new rubber on the back today. Fresh oil next week before I head out for coal country. Attachment 7496

Don't be surprised when I reach out for a ride in to Pensacola and grab lunch sometimes.
    Question; how long did it take you to change your rear tire and were you putting on a different rim as well?
    Enjoy your up coming trip.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Do not lay the bike over on it's side to change out the rear time with a full tank of fuel. I know that is common knowledge but I let it slip and made a puddle, very dangerous. Got it back up and now have to ride it out or find a drain line or go purchase a siphon hose. crap!
    I think you just kept me from stepping in... Well you get the picture. Thanks!
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

I had mine on its side today for four hours, took the tire shop that long to put the new car tire on....I had 3 quarters of a tank of fuel...left a small puddle of gas but not bad, and it smoked out the right pipe for a minute, but she's all good to ride next week to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.AF2AB6F6-9571-4C53-BF62-6CB64E9D3557.jpgA5631534-20A8-4681-AFC8-5FF6AD96833C.jpgBF60E8CE-4571-4756-9FCC-F90167D6FD97.jpg