New Owner, Long-Time Forum Lurker - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Owner, Long-Time Forum Lurker

Welcome !!
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Congrats on the bike. I to came from an M109. Loved the bike, but got hit and it was totaled. I’m on my second B because of another hit. I’m a bit unlucky, but still trying to get killed on a motorcycle. That was a bad joke. Anyway, I can say that early Rivco Aero pegs did NOT come with the foot nub, but that was a while ago. I have to assume that since you have a 15, you should be ok. My first one was a 15 also and they had the nub. As far as cleaning, I use windex and nothing else. I’m not a clean freak, I ride. I get the bugs off and that’s it. Good luck, hope you enjoy the bike. It’s a fun ride.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Enjoy the bike. Any soap without wax is fine. I use Ducky’s for most wipe downs.

Welcome from NJ

Welcome and thanks for what you do. I've got a 2016 Matte Silver I bought new two years ago and Rivco highway pets I bought used this year.
    I tried several products on the matte finish. Finally settled on a product called "Bug Slide" which works great on every part of the bike except the tires of course. Windshield, paint, my Bushtec trailer, my SS kitchen appliances, my helmet including the shield. I'll probably never buy another motorcycle cleaning product again.
    Concerning the pegs, the early ones had a reputation for breaking the valve covers if the bike fell over. The newer ones have a cut near the hinge which is supposed to cause the peg to break before the valve cover does. I waited on a pair of those. I can ride home with a broken peg, not so a broken valve cover. Mine have little, roughly 1" nubs on the underside to hook your boot on but they didn't work well. I put a 2.5" long piece of black fuel line on each of the pegs and it makes them much easier to deploy while riding.
    Wish I had "torque loops" on mine, I will eventually but it's not in the cards this year.
    I suspect you'll love the bike!! Enjoy!
    Mike

Almost forgot. https://www.bugslide.com/
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    Welcome and thanks for what you do. I've got a 2016 Matte Silver I bought new two years ago and Rivco highway pets I bought used this year.
    I tried several products on the matte finish. Finally settled on a product called "Bug Slide" which works great on every part of the bike except the tires of course. Windshield, paint, my Bushtec trailer, my SS kitchen appliances, my helmet including the shield. I'll probably never buy another motorcycle cleaning product again.
    Concerning the pegs, the early ones had a reputation for breaking the valve covers if the bike fell over. The newer ones have a cut near the hinge which is supposed to cause the peg to break before the valve cover does. I waited on a pair of those. I can ride home with a broken peg, not so a broken valve cover. Mine have little, roughly 1" nubs on the underside to hook your boot on but they didn't work well. I put a 2.5" long piece of black fuel line on each of the pegs and it makes them much easier to deploy while riding.
    Wish I had "torque loops" on mine, I will eventually but it's not in the cards this year.
    I suspect you'll love the bike!! Enjoy!
    Mike

Almost forgot. https://www.bugslide.com/
    Thanks a bunch!
    2015 Matte Silver F6B Deluxe