*Crampbuster Caution*

Thread: *Crampbuster Caution*

*Crampbuster Caution*

Had a situation tonight I feel I should share. I have a Crampbuster, recent purchase. Now, I had one before two bikes ago, but it’s been years now. Tonight I was exiting the highway on a very familiar off ramp. I like to come off a little hot, as it’s a long right hand sweeper and I enjoy gunning it from there. It’s a quiet straight shot before the next merge. My little excitement. Well, when I went to countersteer, my palm hit the Crampbuster, goosed the throttle, and almost sent me into the left guardrail. I was on an inside line and luckily had time to adjust. Gave me a scare for a split second. From now on, that thing will be in a neutral position, instead of a set position. I’ll flip it around the grip when needed. First time I had that happen and it could have been a bad scene.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I’m glad you’re ok. Thank you for sharing and possibly saving someone some pain.

I used to have a crampbuster. It's a very good tool and really helps on longer rides but it takes time to get used to riding with something like that installed. I never had any issues driving around with it on the roadways but I have had a few instances during slow speed maneuvering where in tighter turns my palm would get on it and suddenly accelerate. I started to feel like it was going to dump me over at some point. I had to set it further down on the grip in a neutral position and then it was no longer useful to me. I never got comfortable with it and had to take it off.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

I had the same issue with the longer Kuryakyn throttle boss. It's a bit over two inches and mounted at the end of the grip. But in curves I did find that my palm edge would catch it and give an unwanted goose in the throttle. I decided to shorten it by breaking off the pad part, now I don't hit it accidentally. I had scratched it a bit installing so couldn't return it.
    http://store.valueaccessories.net/im...thumb/6318.jpg

I should have bought the shorter one.
    http://store.valueaccessories.net/im...thumb/6319.jpg

Like I mentioned, I feel that if it’s in a more neutral position, it would be fine. I went on a long ride today and didn’t use it. I used the cruise. So, now it might be more of an ornament, but I’m really undecided yet. It’s still new and needs more time.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.