Coming back soon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming back soon

Coming back soon

Hi all! Getting the itch for a new GW. Like the black but I also want the touring this time round. Funny they said F6b model wouldn’t last! Name didn’t, but style did!

John Bettua
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Cool! Be sure to share pictures when you pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Hi all! Getting the itch for a new GW. Like the black but I also want the touring this time round. Funny they said F6b model wouldn’t last! Name didn’t, but style did!

John Bettua
    Sounds good. Just hitting 50K miles on the B. When I hit around 100K, I'll probably go with the GW.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

That may be my thought also adventurous1, but I love my B its going to be a hard switch. My 2013 has just about 50K now also.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    That may be my thought also adventurous1, but I love my B its going to be a hard switch. My 2013 has just about 50K now also.
    Yup, the absolute best bike I've ever owned - or ridden. May take the unemployment $$$ and do another 3 wk trip. You traveling anywhere this summer?
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

This summer is a bust, it will be no doubt new summer before I make any plans for any long distance riding. If where you look the virus is spiking and making any kind of travel difficult. I will remain local for now. We all need that wind therapy from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    Agree with you guys, my B has 63k and I am thinking of possibly upgrading in the next couple years. It has been the best bike I have owned. In CO now after 9 days in the Black Hills. Starting home today to be there by the 4th. As far as travelling....we really have had no issues this trip. Stayed mostly AirBNB's, or with family but a couple nights in local hotels. Stayed in Buffalo, Benton Harbor MI, Iowa, Spearfish, and now Denver. We have done the social distancing and pretty much stay to ourselves. Seems to be a little "less strict" towards the middle of the country - less masks, more open dining in places. Hotels are open but close to empty. One of the results from this virus is the tourists are not travelling as a whole so the traffic is much reduced. Great riding and no crowds.

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

Very nice . . . did you go with the DCT? Would be interested to hear your thoughts on main riding differences between the '14 B and your new ride. Congrats!

Yes I did go with the dct, I find I prefer the riding style in sport. I am getting use to the smooth ride in Tour mode. I miss the clutch mostly when wanting to guide into a corner or to a stop or even a uturn. Overall it is quite a smooth experience.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016