Torq Loopz
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torq Loopz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I had "Dragon Packs" on my Valkyrie. They were truck stacks with glass packs inside. Had a bad drone to them. The Valk, of course, had no catalytic converter. Why then, I'm wondering, was there a drone if the drone on the F6B is being attributed to the cats. I understand that there's a difference between the systems but still, the drone seems to be the same. On the F6B, I really like my black Rush pipes but did go to the smaller 2.25" baffles to reduce drone to a comfortable level.
    Bruce, the drone is not due to the catalytic converters...but is due...in part...to the cross-over pipe between the two cats.

Plugging that cross-over pipe, or eliminating it, resolves the drone issue. There are other ways to resolve the drone issue.

Torq Loopz

Okay, since the original title to this thread is...Torq Loopz....I went ahead and ordered a set of Torq Loopz for my own bike today.

That's right......Torq Loopz on a lightning strike bike...double your pleasure...double your fun

Let us know how they work out for you.....Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Okay, since the original title to this thread is...Torq Loopz....I went ahead and ordered a set of Torq Loopz for my own bike today.

That's right......Torq Loopz on a lightning strike bike...double your pleasure...double your fun
    I'm seriously considering this mod myself. I have the Torq Master Daytona slip-ons and have a bit more drone than I like. In talking to Jimmy at Torq Master Pipes, I basically have 3 options to reduce drone which are:
    • Torq Loopz

• Cutting and plugging the crossover pipe

• Installing baffles

Definitely let us know what the install is like for the Torq Loopz. If it's not too difficult, I will probably go that route as well.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Definitely let us know what the install is like for the Torq Loopz. If it's not too difficult, I will probably go that route as well.
    There are installation instructions on the Vendors website. (Link posted above)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I'm seriously considering this mod myself. I have the Torq Master Daytona slip-ons and have a bit more drone than I like. In talking to Jimmy at Torq Master Pipes, I basically have 3 options to reduce drone which are:
    • Torq Loopz

• Cutting and plugging the crossover pipe

• Installing baffles

And you know two guys with table lifts.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Naww, they crawl around on their bellies like reptiles to install pipes..

The EPA has gotten on everyone's butt in California over modification of exhaust systems. You can thank the howling sport bikes and the thundering Harleys for all that..

Used to be that all you had to do was order with the "off road only" disclaimer and the installation was the owner's responsibility. Now they are knocking on the doors of the manufacturers and doing audits.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Black Loopz bought!

I managed to get around the California hurdle and just bought a set off ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-GL1800...#ht_189wt_1133

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Keep your fingers crossed,,, The add didn't say international shipping,,,

Hope it works out!

pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Ken, I will keep, you and the rest of the gang informed when I actually install these Torq Loopz, and...my new Torq Master Daytona pipes.

Now, I have to give credit to Terri...MSGT-R...for her being the trailerblazer on these Daytona pipes on the F6B bikes. Yes, I did see your bike in Franklin, and I liked them there. (one night, while you were asleep, I snuck out of the hotel and cuddled up next to your Daytona mufflers, just to get a feel for them)

Ken, my bike will be out there in March for the Daytona/Key West ride, so you can check them out at that time, if you don't buy some earlier.
    OK OK i see how i rate not even a invite, and only five miles away, you could come to my place i will cut off your old system with a plasma cutter!!!!! or a torch with a plugged up tip, and roll you some new mufflers, in my sheet medal roller, and use the tubing berder to make some five inch pipes, that will not drone!! ha ha, and buy lunch, now thats a deal if ever there was one. dale