Torq Loopz
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torq Loopz

Torq Loopz

For anyone who suffers from a droning exhaust I would recommend installing Torq Loopz. I have the cobra 6-2-6 mufflers with all baffles in and it now sounds like a bike not a car. The cats are the main cause of the drone and the bike runs a little better without them.

Cool

When, Where, Why, How much, and a Link???????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    When, Where, Why, How much, and a Link???????
    Jimmy at Torqmaster sells them. You have to cut your exhaust to get them on. He has a bolt on kit to replace the bike back to stock after cutting if you need to.

I had "Dragon Packs" on my Valkyrie. They were truck stacks with glass packs inside. Had a bad drone to them. The Valk, of course, had no catalytic converter. Why then, I'm wondering, was there a drone if the drone on the F6B is being attributed to the cats. I understand that there's a difference between the systems but still, the drone seems to be the same. On the F6B, I really like my black Rush pipes but did go to the smaller 2.25" baffles to reduce drone to a comfortable level.

Does the ECU recalibrate itself after the mod without any side effects?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Looks like a rather involved process to install the loops,,, A real "Got to want it!" kind of adventure,,,

Surely, some one, somewhere, has used shorter, mostly straight sections of 'full sized' pipe on a GL1800 instead of the smaller diameter loops to "Kill the Cats",,, (I had heard once that he 'loops' were more benefical on older, smaller displacement Wings ) Has a ~modern~ "H" pipe been tried?

I understand about velocity/scavenging,,, but wonder what others have tried on 18's,,,

(FWIW, I most likely won't be changing my OEM Cat system, but I do like to hear about other folks adventures with mods.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I had "Dragon Packs" on my Valkyrie. They were truck stacks with glass packs inside. Had a bad drone to them. The Valk, of course, had no catalytic converter. Why then, I'm wondering, was there a drone if the drone on the F6B is being attributed to the cats. I understand that there's a difference between the systems but still, the drone seems to be the same. On the F6B, I really like my black Rush pipes but did go to the smaller 2.25" baffles to reduce drone to a comfortable level.
    Bruce, the drone is not due to the catalytic converters...but is due...in part...to the cross-over pipe between the two cats.

Plugging that cross-over pipe, or eliminating it, resolves the drone issue. There are other ways to resolve the drone issue.

Torq Loopz

Okay, since the original title to this thread is...Torq Loopz....I went ahead and ordered a set of Torq Loopz for my own bike today.

That's right......Torq Loopz on a lightning strike bike...double your pleasure...double your fun

Let us know how they work out for you.....Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Okay, since the original title to this thread is...Torq Loopz....I went ahead and ordered a set of Torq Loopz for my own bike today.

That's right......Torq Loopz on a lightning strike bike...double your pleasure...double your fun
    I'm seriously considering this mod myself. I have the Torq Master Daytona slip-ons and have a bit more drone than I like. In talking to Jimmy at Torq Master Pipes, I basically have 3 options to reduce drone which are:
    • Torq Loopz

• Cutting and plugging the crossover pipe

• Installing baffles

Definitely let us know what the install is like for the Torq Loopz. If it's not too difficult, I will probably go that route as well.