Torq Loopz - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torq Loopz

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Definitely let us know what the install is like for the Torq Loopz. If it's not too difficult, I will probably go that route as well.
    There are installation instructions on the Vendors website. (Link posted above)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Okay, since the original title to this thread is...Torq Loopz....I went ahead and ordered a set of Torq Loopz for my own bike today.

That's right......Torq Loopz on a lightning strike bike...double your pleasure...double your fun
    How are the T. Loopz working out for you Miles?

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    How are the T. Loopz working out for you Miles?

Mercury, I know it is a different time zone in Malaysia, but....come on, Man ! I just ordered them today, and as my earlier posted stated, they will be shipped from the manufacturer this Friday, which is two days from now.

So, in answer to your question...WOW, they are working great.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Mercury, I know it is a different time zone in Malaysia, but....come on, Man ! I just ordered them today, and as my earlier posted stated, they will be shipped from the manufacturer this Friday, which is two days from now.

So, in answer to your question...WOW, they are working great.
    haha. I thought time was traveling at the speed of light(ning)!!

Would you know of another vendor for these Loopz? cos my shipper is in California and according to Torq Master website, he doesn't not ship to California. Wingstuff do not sell it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post

Would you know of another vendor for these Loopz? cos my shipper is in California and according to Torq Master website, he doesn't not ship to California. Wingstuff do not sell it too.
    Torque Master is in California but he can't sell (EPA) them to be used in California. Since your definitely not in Ca, I'd call him (Jimmy) to see what could be worked out.

Also contact Wingstuff. They got all his other stuff and although they don't list the loops, they might be able to get em.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Anyone planning on installing torq loopz might want to order some extra parts as I did.
    Honda part # 18291-MN5-650. Qty/6. (Header gaskets)
    " " # 18391-MAM-000. Qty/2. (Extra header to loopz seals)
    " " # 18293-MCA-780. Qty/8. (Protector washers for side covers)

I consider the header gaskets a must.
    The extra header to loopz seals are a nice to have as it fills the flared end fully and helps keep the seal in the correct position when clamped.
    I placed two seals in the flared end then marked the excess 1/4" with a marker then removed it and cut the excess with tin snips.
    Place the cut gasket in first then the full one.
    Install without any sealant as you have to make sure the tabs for the exhaust shields and lower side covers all line up and fit you may need to move the loops forward or back. I then marked their position slid them back and used some high temp silicone to help seal.
    The fitting instructions provided where good.
    I must say they are not pretty and the welds were very ordinary.
    There were no nuts provided, you need a nut for the original bolt to mount the loopz which I got from the cats by bending a keeper tab and a nut for the original bolt holding the muffler shield.
    I recommend reading the installation instructions on there site if tempted to decide if you are up to the install.
    Very worthwhile mod in my opinion hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaMike View Post
    Torque Master is in California but he can't sell (EPA) them to be used in California. Since your definitely not in Ca, I'd call him (Jimmy) to see what could be worked out.
    I wanted to get some black chrome inverted king snake pipes from him but he would not sell it to me! Hence I had to go for the Cobras instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I'm seriously considering this mod myself. I have the Torq Master Daytona slip-ons and have a bit more drone than I like. In talking to Jimmy at Torq Master Pipes, I basically have 3 options to reduce drone which are:
    • Torq Loopz

• Cutting and plugging the crossover pipe

• Installing baffles

Definitely let us know what the install is like for the Torq Loopz. If it's not too difficult, I will probably go that route as well.
    And you know two guys with table lifts.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Naww, they crawl around on their bellies like reptiles to install pipes..

The EPA has gotten on everyone's butt in California over modification of exhaust systems. You can thank the howling sport bikes and the thundering Harleys for all that..

Used to be that all you had to do was order with the "off road only" disclaimer and the installation was the owner's responsibility. Now they are knocking on the doors of the manufacturers and doing audits.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Black Loopz bought!

I managed to get around the California hurdle and just bought a set off ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-GL1800...#ht_189wt_1133