Torq Loopz - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torq Loopz

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Keep your fingers crossed,,, The add didn't say international shipping,,,

Hope it works out!

I have everything (big hammer-saws all-mig welder) I will try making new pipes soon, I had surgery on my left hand 3 weeks ago and on my right Tuesday as soon as I can get under there I will start cutting ! If nothing else I will cut the crossover an plug it !
    Ok he's done

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    I have everything (big hammer-saws all-mig welder) I will try making new pipes soon, I had surgery on my left hand 3 weeks ago and on my right Tuesday as soon as I can get under there I will start cutting ! If nothing else I will cut the crossover an plug it !
    An H pipe that didn't require a full forward-exhaust removal to install would be nice,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Okay, since the original title to this thread is...Torq Loopz....I went ahead and ordered a set of Torq Loopz for my own bike today.

That's right......Torq Loopz on a lightning strike bike...double your pleasure...double your fun
    Miles, can you be so kind to do a step-by-step pictures or videos of the installation when your Loopz arrives? Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    Miles, can you be so kind to do a step-by-step pictures or videos of the installation when your Loopz arrives? Thanks a lot!
    Wow, that is asking a lot for a One-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater to do. If I can get Kevin (kjelders) to come over that day, he can video tape the entire process, while munching on the homemade Pumpkin Muffins I make.

BUT..I have to say, having given this job some thought prior to the pipes and torq loops showing up, and having a fairly complete shop, I do not intend to remove or even loosen the header pipes at all. I intend to cut the header pipes, in place, and slide the torq loops onto the header pipes.

pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Ken, I will keep, you and the rest of the gang informed when I actually install these Torq Loopz, and...my new Torq Master Daytona pipes.

Now, I have to give credit to Terri...MSGT-R...for her being the trailerblazer on these Daytona pipes on the F6B bikes. Yes, I did see your bike in Franklin, and I liked them there. (one night, while you were asleep, I snuck out of the hotel and cuddled up next to your Daytona mufflers, just to get a feel for them)

Ken, my bike will be out there in March for the Daytona/Key West ride, so you can check them out at that time, if you don't buy some earlier.
    OK OK i see how i rate not even a invite, and only five miles away, you could come to my place i will cut off your old system with a plasma cutter!!!!! or a torch with a plugged up tip, and roll you some new mufflers, in my sheet medal roller, and use the tubing berder to make some five inch pipes, that will not drone!! ha ha, and buy lunch, now thats a deal if ever there was one. dale

There are step by step instructions on there web site and they are free!
    Ok he's done

Information from a link on installing Torq Loopz without needlessly removing the complete exhaust (large cut off saw to remove cats) and the way I'll be installing mine.

A common complaint of most aftermarket systems for Goldwings is droning at highway speeds. There seems to be two solutions. Put the stock exhaust back on, or install Torq Loopz to replace the converters and crossover pipe. For some reason the Torq Loopz reduce or eliminate the drone. After I installed the Torq Master Mufflers I took it for a short test drive. It had a nice growl, and maybe a little drone at certain speeds. It was hard to tell since I only rode it for a few miles. I decided to go ahead and put on Torq Loopz since it was winter and the bike was still apart.

The hardest part about installing the Torq Loopz is cutting the converters off. The exhaust is cut 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" from the weld. The instructions say to drop the whole exhaust system, but I was able to cut the pipes in place with a large cutoff wheel.

The converters and crossover pipe.

The Loopz use existing mounting holes. Bolt them loosely in place. Install the mufflers. Adjust so the covers fit, then tighten everything and check for leaks.
    When I fired it up in the garage it already sounded quieter...almost stock sounding but with a little rumble. I'll update as I get some miles on the system.

exhaust pipes

am i missing something here?? what happen to the o2 sensors?? dale

They moved them forward so we could modify our exhaust system more easily.