Rain X
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain X

Rain X

Is Rain X bad for motorcycle shields? I have a solo trip planned for the Smokies during the last two weeks of July. I’m keeping it solo because of the virus, hence, not looking to meet up necessarily.
    I’ve been binge watching You Tube videos of bikers traveling, and when they’re caught in rain, not one can see through the shield. I sit and and ask myself why. Either that or wax or something similar will have rain rolling right off. What am I missing?
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Rain-X now makes a protectant for plastics. It is what you should buy for both your windshields and face shields on your helmet. The original Rain-X is for glass and it will likely cloud your acrylic windshield and face shield.

Just my 2 cents worth but I would not use regular Rain-X on my windshield

Az Wingrider

Just slap some carnuba wax on it. Any brand will do.

Yes, I've got a buddy who uses the regular rain-x on his helmet shield and his windscreen with apparently no ill effects, but I think I'd be more comfy using their plastic-specific formula.

Many, many moons ago, I used rain-x on my car windscreens, but it was an ongoing battle to get rid of the "haze" that develops, so I eventually stopped using it. Spritzing it with water and buffing after application seemed to help, but I never seemed to get rid of that hazy glare at night in rain.

Guess I’ll look for the plastic formula or the wax! Thanks for responding.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Try Plexus. Developed specifically for aircraft canopy and works extremely well on m/c windshields and all plastic parts.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant77 View Post
    Try Plexus. Developed specifically for aircraft canopy and works extremely well on m/c windshields and all plastic parts.
    That's what I use. Seems expensive, but a little goes a very long way.

Can't beat Plexus. No streaks, no haze, and water runs right off.

YES! I should have thought of that. The stuff (Plexus) is awesome. Have used it before too. Agree. No streaking or fogging at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Yes, I've got a buddy who uses the regular rain-x on his helmet shield and his windscreen with apparently no ill effects, but I think I'd be more comfy using their plastic-specific formula.

Many, many moons ago, I used rain-x on my car windscreens, but it was an ongoing battle to get rid of the "haze" that develops, so I eventually stopped using it. Spritzing it with water and buffing after application seemed to help, but I never seemed to get rid of that hazy glare at night in rain.
    Totally agree I used it on my car and found the same "haze" build up after using it for some time. Nothing would remove it including Prepsol.