Rain X

Thread: Rain X

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes, I've got a buddy who uses the regular rain-x on his helmet shield and his windscreen with apparently no ill effects, but I think I'd be more comfy using their plastic-specific formula.

Many, many moons ago, I used rain-x on my car windscreens, but it was an ongoing battle to get rid of the "haze" that develops, so I eventually stopped using it. Spritzing it with water and buffing after application seemed to help, but I never seemed to get rid of that hazy glare at night in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    Yes, I've got a buddy who uses the regular rain-x on his helmet shield and his windscreen with apparently no ill effects, but I think I'd be more comfy using their plastic-specific formula.

Many, many moons ago, I used rain-x on my car windscreens, but it was an ongoing battle to get rid of the "haze" that develops, so I eventually stopped using it. Spritzing it with water and buffing after application seemed to help, but I never seemed to get rid of that hazy glare at night in rain.
    Totally agree I used it on my car and found the same "haze" build up after using it for some time. Nothing would remove it including Prepsol.