Getting booted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting booted

Getting booted

Nothing important, but does anyone else log in, go to a post, then realize you got booted and have to log in again? After the first time, it’s fine. Just an aggravation.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

No hasn't happened to me

When I first joined, my computer did not save the login info and I had to re enter my info. It was a settings issue, not a getting booted issue. You likely won’t get “booted” until admin sees those pictures of you in Las Vegas!
    Last edited by Cali261; 06-26-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Very true, but I would expect that! It happened again on this sign in. I always say remember me, but it never does. I can live with it.

If your computer/phone settings are such that cookies are deleted when you exit this will happen. The login info is stored in a cookie, so even if you click to stay logged in, that can’t happen if the cookie is deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Very true, but I would expect that! It happened again on this sign in. I always say remember me, but it never does. I can live with it.

It’s mostly when I sign in, look at a post, might want to say something, and find that I’m logged out.

We have not had this from anyone else on here.

It hasn’t happened the last three times here. Seems like it’s all on my end. It’s never been a major issue, just wondered if anyone else encountered it.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Nothing important, but does anyone else log in, go to a post, then realize you got booted and have to log in again? After the first time, it’s fine. Just an aggravation.
    It's a settings problem or was for me. I use to have to sign in every time until I was complaining when one of my sons (technology nerd) was over. He went into the security settings and now I do not have to sign in.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

It just happened to me today. It seems that if I don't log in for a couple of weeks it removes me and I have to log back in. Thankfully I wrote down my pass word because these days everybody wants something different in their required pass word, so you can't come up with a common pass word to use for everything and have to remember which pass word goes with which internet sight. What a pain in the a$$