Smokies

Thread: Smokies

Smokies

I wasn’t going to say anything, but I changed my mind. I’m taking a trip down to the Smokies starting July 20th. I’m leaving here the 19th, but that’s a full travel day. I’m going to try to do the Skyline Drive and BRP full route. I heard there’s a road closure on the BRP due to a rain washout. After I get through that, I’ll be staying in Maggie Valley for a few days. Hoping for decent weather, meaning minimal rain, I know it’ll be hot. If you’re there and see a white B rider in ATGATT with a Massachusetts plate, don’t shoot. I swear I didn’t have anything to do with the Northern Aggression. I’m not asking for meet ups due to the virus. This is a solo trip, hoping to ride more roads I missed three years ago.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Good luck, hope your are not planning on doing both Skyline and BRP in one day, almost 600 miles with the part closed plus a section with gravel until it gets its top coat. Some of my favorite roads are off/on the mountain to the BRP. If you have time take a ride off and back on a few times, the Deviles Whip I rode last week plus a few more exist around Little Switzerland as well as others like 115. My favorite part of the country. If you would put a blue light on that bike people would get out of your way fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Good luck, hope your are not planning on doing both Skyline and BRP in one day, almost 600 miles with the part closed plus a section with gravel until it gets its top coat. Some of my favorite roads are off/on the mountain to the BRP. If you have time take a ride off and back on a few times, the Deviles Whip I rode last week plus a few more exist around Little Switzerland as well as others like 115. My favorite part of the country. If you would put a blue light on that bike people would get out of your way fast.
    What’s funny is that just two days ago I watched the instructor on you tube and he was saying where he got his helmets. Seer helmet makes police style. If they weren’t over $300 I’d consider it lol. It does have that cop look, and I dress the part too. No, I have 3 plus days to get to Maggie. Starting the Skyline on Monday, hope to be in Maggie by Thursday. Right now, all amenities are closed. Not crazy about that and I hope it opens up a bit in the next couple weeks. I was told 3 days riding minimum and I’m not much of a picture taker.

Just rode a bunch of the BRP and plenty of stuff was open off the Parkway of course. No problem getting fuel and had lunch at Little Switzerland. Things change, we just reclosed bars here in Florida.

A little concerned about lodging, but they say there’s plenty. I’m firm at Front Royal and Maggie. Not sure in between.