New Corbin Seat Day!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Corbin Seat Day!

New Corbin Seat Day!

Nothing better than new seat day IMHO!

IMG_3818.jpgIMG_3819.jpgIMG_3815.jpgIMG_3816.jpg
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

Looks Great!

Yes, looks really nice.

Seat is nice. Have you thought about a set of black oem pipes?

Thanks, I like it too. The stock seat puts everything below my waist to sleep in 20 minutes. I have been using different pads on the seat since last year. The Corbin seat is exactly what I needed and so far no issues with numbness.

The pipes I have are Vance and Hines Monster Ovals. I do like the look of the black exhaust pipes on other bikes but so far I've been happy with the chrome pipes. It offsets the black just enough and I like a touch of chrome on my bike.
    The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the
    stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required. - Wiki

Glad your experience with Corbin was better than mine or most others,.

They sent me a carton loaded with scraped up crap that wasn't even in the colours that I ordered. AND...they made me wait nearly five months for the privilege.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

There was one hiccup, they did not send the rain cover I purchased. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on if and when they are going to send that.

Nice seat. Hey what windshield is that? How do you like it on hiway?

Well, there was no issue from Corbin after all. They don't make a rain cover for this seat because of the way the passenger grab rails are designed. They are unable to get a tight fit for it. They already re-funded the money charged.

My windshield is a Clearview Shield, sport, medium, dark grey. I'm 6'0" and spec wise I should be using the large size. I went smaller for looks. Buffeting is bad and that is my fault. I would actually prefer all the smooth wind from the stock shorty shield from Honda. I went for form over function. Big mistake on my part because I ride a lot. The windshield is really nice, well made and looks great. I'd recommend this brand to anyone if you buy the right size. It would function well for someone shorter than I am. After a year of my head being in a paint shaker, I'm moving to a different shield for next year. Next time, it will be function over form.

StoichSix:
    You could try one of these mini windshields. I am 5' 10" with the large Clearview Shield, and made one of these. It does help at freeway speeds. They are a lot cheaper now. Used to only have the MRA X-creens for a $100 or more.

http:/https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-7-...AAOSw7VJeR2Qi/

100_3893.jpg
    Albuquerque, NM