A lot of talk about switching bikes, I might join in

Thread: A lot of talk about switching bikes, I might join in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I won't give up my F6B, even if I decide to try another ride. Just add another to the stable. This F6B is just too good totrade off. Especially after I got it accessorized to my liking. One reason I got the F6, was the lack of all the electronic bullcrap on new bikes. I prefer function over glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I won't give up my F6B, even if I decide to try another ride. Just add another to the stable. This F6B is just too good totrade off. Especially after I got it accessorized to my liking. One reason I got the F6, was the lack of all the electronic bullcrap on new bikes. I prefer function over glitter.
    Agree with the above. Have too much money in my F6B as well. I'm kinda tired of fixing up and improving a bike, only to let it go and begin the same on another.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I like simplicity too. My car is loaded with electronics. I tried most of them when it was new, but found many to be a distraction. About all I use now is the radio, GPS, and hands free phone connection.

The ultra-simplicity of my 2 oldest motorcycles has a real appeal. My '98 Valkyrie has no radio, and not even a fuel gauge. My '88 BMW doesn't even have a tach, just those little shift points marked on the speedo. I never miss any of that when riding those old bikes. I just focus on the ride.