A lot of talk about switching bikes, I might join in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A lot of talk about switching bikes, I might join in

A lot of talk about switching bikes, I might join in

I'm also thinking about trading bikes. Probably looking into a new 2018-2019 GW, or maybe something else but something a little smaller and lighter for sure.
    My matte grey 2016 F6B standard has only 13xxx miles and 1-1/2 yrs of factory warranty remaining. Run on Honda full syn oil since purchase. I've added Kury. fork brace and storage cubby. Show chrome back rest and rear carrier. Honda center stand & 12v outlet. Plenty of tread left on Dunlop E-4's. Will include 3 windshields (OEM, 14" V-stream and 19" vented Slipstream.

Would $ 12.250.00 be a fare starting price???

Thanks for your input.

KG

Do you have a pic.

I have a '16 B Deluxe and it would have to take an uber-extraordinary scoot to make me change. One that comes to mind is the BMW 1200 RT.... but given I got my B at substantial discount prior to the next-gen model release... BMW would have to really cut a great deal to make that switch. The B is one of the best scoots I've ridden over the last 30 years. The only mod I'm thinking of doing after a few touring seasons now... is to add the Helibars and Progressive front shocks.

Edit: BMW now has the R18 Classic... it's so cool looking... I just have to get a test ride in when it hits the dealer's showroom!

BMW R18 Classic.jpg
    Last edited by OlyF6B; 12-16-2020 at 08:06 PM.

I won't give up my F6B, even if I decide to try another ride. Just add another to the stable. This F6B is just too good totrade off. Especially after I got it accessorized to my liking. One reason I got the F6, was the lack of all the electronic bullcrap on new bikes. I prefer function over glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I won't give up my F6B, even if I decide to try another ride. Just add another to the stable. This F6B is just too good totrade off. Especially after I got it accessorized to my liking. One reason I got the F6, was the lack of all the electronic bullcrap on new bikes. I prefer function over glitter.
    Agree with the above. Have too much money in my F6B as well. I'm kinda tired of fixing up and improving a bike, only to let it go and begin the same on another.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thought I would check in and let everyone know I decided to keep my 16 F6B.
    I did some serious looking around for a possible replacement scoot, test rode 6 different bikes but was unable to find anything as capable and comfortable as the Wing.
    I'm hoping as are others that the "Covid" situation soon gets under control so we all can enjoy a full riding season in the upcoming year.
    Best wishes and ride safe!

KG

Good to hear Buzzard. I think we all get that bug at times. I was riding with a group last weekend and wound up at the Indian dealership for an hour. I found the Challenger to be an interesting bike but not worth spending 30k......then starting the upgrade process again as Will advised. Interestingly they had a couple of '18 Wings in inventory that were trades.

I hope to possibly add to the stable one day to include a naked bike, maybe a KTM Duke or Ducati Diavel but I would still keep the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I like simplicity too. My car is loaded with electronics. I tried most of them when it was new, but found many to be a distraction. About all I use now is the radio, GPS, and hands free phone connection.

The ultra-simplicity of my 2 oldest motorcycles has a real appeal. My '98 Valkyrie has no radio, and not even a fuel gauge. My '88 BMW doesn't even have a tach, just those little shift points marked on the speedo. I never miss any of that when riding those old bikes. I just focus on the ride.

My 98 Valk was my favorite of all the bikes I have owned. Loved the simplicity and the attitude of the bike. My 6 has 51K on it. I go back and forth on keeping it and have test rode a few. I like it and am also tired of buying one and dumping money into it to fit me. I came close to 100k with the Valk and I am sure the 6 will go that long if I want to keep it.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    My 98 Valk was my favorite of all the bikes I have owned. Loved the simplicity and the attitude of the bike.
    I hear ya on this one. I sold my 99 standard about 6 years ago and it still has a special place in my heart. There was something really engaging about the way those 6 carbs breathed in the acceleration. It's not as if it was necessarily faster than other bikes, it was just a really visceral connection to the road. I also enjoyed the shape of the bars, having my wrists in a more neutral position, and have considered having some angled bar tubes fabricated for the Heli's to approximate the position.

Jason