Tires a very old subject. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tires a very old subject.

Just digressing a little, but there were several comments about the change of tire correcting the speedometer accuracy. I find that very interesting. On my 2002 GL1800 (and my earlier 1999 Valk) with OEM size tires the speedometer was always about 5mph faster than actual speed at highway speeds. I would compare it with GPS true speed and we would always talk about Honda speeds vs actual!

However, with my 2016 F6B with OEM sized tires (Bridgestones and Dunlop E4s) my speedometer is VERY accurate to the true GPS speed.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

F6Dave, no I didn't, my headlights were adjusted a bit on the high side anyway so it evened out when the back went up that inch or so.

I have a 30" inseam and can put both feet flat on the ground with this tire. My boots have a tall sole on them, about 1 1/4" added to my leg length.

F6Bster, my 2015 speedo would show 64 and GPS and speed traps would show 60. With the 70 series tire it is corrected, slightly over corrected but I am OK with that.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 07-14-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    F6Dave, no I didn't, my headlights were adjusted a bit on the high side anyway so it evened out when the back went up that inch or so.
    It's nice when things work out like that!

After 8K on OEM Tires and 7,600 on E4’s I tried the Michelin Commanders. Speedo was off slightly with first two but with the Michelin’s it was dead on. I put 6k on the Michelin’s before I traded my 13 F6B in and they looked almost new. Michelin’s seem to Handle better and it set slightly higher in the rear. Only trade off or negative I found was that there were bias ply tires. Gave up some plushness in the ride.