HWY 40 California to Tennessee

Thread: HWY 40 California to Tennessee

HWY 40 California to Tennessee

Has anyone here traveled Hwy 40 recently? My son will be leaving this weekend (July 11th) to Knoxville for work reasons. Any advice/ info as far as conditions or closures would be appreciated. We will check with the usual state sites, but i would like to know someone has had recent experience with rest stops, hotels, gas stations...

Ride safe,
    Last edited by Cali261; 07-08-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Are you referring to Interstate 40. If so it is a main east west interstate through the US. IE trucking route. I rode I 40 from Russellville AR through Nashville Tennessee in route to Cincinnati a few years ago. Lots of big rigs. I was beat to death from the turbulence from the trucks. If he’s in a 4 wheeler with this heat he should do ok.
    Last edited by Sorcerer; 07-08-2020 at 02:17 PM.

I was mainly wondering about the rest stops, hotels and restaurants impacted by COVID closures.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not in North Texas but don't see any problems in the state as a whole. Masks are required in ALL public spaces unless pumping gas.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    Has anyone here traveled Hwy 40 recently? My son will be leaving this weekend (July 11th) to Knoxville for work reasons. Any advice/ info as far as conditions or closures would be appreciated. We will check with the usual state sites, but i would like to know someone has had recent experience with rest stops, hotels, gas stations...

Ride safe,
    Just came back to Florida from TN. I found all the gas stations open and most restaurants. In cities like Gatlinburg masks were required in most establishments. It was busy and everyone was out shopping, dining, etc.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.