16 F6B cruise not working

Thread: 16 F6B cruise not working

16 F6B cruise not working

Everything working fine and I noticed that my foot brake is coming off the spline so I pull into a dealership. One guy gets on 1 side to push the spine out because it had recessed and the other guy taps on the foot brake lever. When I leave my cruise control green light is on but when I tap the engagement it won't engage is there anything under there they could have touched where would you start to try and fix it?
    Thanks
    Fred

I don’t have my copy of the service manual handy, but ...
    There’s a sensor of some sort associated with the brake lever which shuts off the cruise control when you apply the brake.
    I speculate that their efforts have screwed with the relationship between that sensor and the brake lever or even damaged the sensor. Hence, the cruise control system thinks the brake is applied. This prevents the cruise control from engaging.
    Keep Calm ... and Beat to Quarters

The rear brake cancel switch is located right above the right side foot peg. Yes it is in line with the front brake and cancel switch on the right side switch housing. If you have a manual and know how to use a meter they have a simple step by step toubleshooting guide in the manual. It is much too large to put here.

Thank you the brake lever sounds like the situation. I appreciate it