F6B shifting problems
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B shifting problems

F6B shifting problems

I just took my 2013 in because of shifting problems. I am still waiting to hear what they say. It is still under warranty.
    I have 40,000 miles on my F6B.

Has anyone else ever taken their Goldwing in for warranty work on the shift problem?

Stevenolts

stevenolts@gmail.com

I saw a youtube story about John Keller having a problem

John Keller please email me at stevenolts@gmail.com

What is the problem you are having?

When I downshift from 3rf to 2nd and the accelerate after a cost it chugs or slips into gear all the way. It is a very disconcerting feeling.
    I have never had a problem with all my other bikes. I have never even had replace a clutch.

I have 247,000 miles on my 99 Honda Accord with the original clutch.

sorry about the typos

Will be interesting to see responses and what the dealer says. I put 154k miles on my 2002 Wing and about 21k on my 2016 F6B. Never a clutch issue. Every once in a while both would jump up into 4th when I have done a lazy shift from 3rd and thought it had gone into 4th. Rare, but happens when I don’t lift the shifter hard enough. Never happens with proper engine speed and firm lift on the shifter.

Hope you get it figured out.

When I down shift from 3rd to 2nd, I can feel a spot where the shift could stay there and be inbetween gears. It is like how neutral feels as you down shift from 2nd to 1st. I make sure that I go through that spot. Could you be stopping the shift too soon?
    Albuquerque, NM

First...The best solution I've found is to shift solidly through the gears.

Second...To do that the shifter lever needs to be in the right place for your foot.

I had mine modified by DH Racing. Had this done last year and I aligned the shifter lever to fit me on the stock seat. Last month I get used Ultimate seat here on the forum, which sat me back further and through my shifter lever out of alignment. I got back under and adjusted it again to solve my occasional "in-between or missed gear" shifting problems.

Probably the best mod so far...OH! Forgot to add the mod shortens the shifter throw at the lever, improving the odds you won't fall "in-between" gears.
    Last edited by SeaSteve; 07-22-2020 at 08:58 AM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Its weird but I had this issue a lot more when i used amsoil. I went to the honda full synthetic and it got better. Then i tried the honda synthetic and natural blend. Much better, has not happened since. Also some great advice from Big Larry. Only upshift above 3k rpms. His advice was actually 4k but the 3k rule works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I just took my 2013 in because of shifting problems. I am still waiting to hear what they say. It is still under warranty.
    I have 40,000 miles on my F6B.

Has anyone else ever taken their Goldwing in for warranty work on the shift problem?

Stevenolts

stevenolts@gmail.com

I saw a youtube story about John Keller having a problem

John Keller please email me at stevenolts@gmail.com
    Keep us posted Steve.

There is a neutral spot between every gear that can be found if you try.
    I can feel the clunk your talking about on my 13 Black.
    And have found a neutral between 2nd and 3rd and 3rd and 4th.
    Sounds like the design of the tranny could use some help.
    All my other Honda's shift very easy and quiet.
    ITS ALL GOOD