F6B shifting problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B shifting problems

there is nothing wrong with it. Just change your oil to some fully synthetic, get you engine flushed before hand and then just adjust your clutch lever. there should be only be a 0.5 to 1.5 cm play.
    After all that, your problem should be solved. I only gets my my engine flushed every 15k miles and till now i never faced any engine related problems. Just changed the chain and sprockets but after clocking 60k miles i think it is normal.

Another problem could be you are not pressing your clutch lever fully or the play of your clutch lever is more than 1.5 cm or you are just not pressing the the gear lever hard enough to shift between the gears.
    Before doing any of this, i would suggest simply check your clutch lever adjust the play and try to shift gears firmly while pressing the full clutch lever.
    I hope it can help. Keep us posted about it.
    Last edited by ridinglearn; 08-05-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Adjust the play on the clutch lever?

Chain and sprockets?

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Adjust the play on the clutch lever?
    There is an adjustment, but I don’t think it adjusts play(Hydraulic), just the throw of the lever.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Chain and sprockets?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAG

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    There is an adjustment, but I don’t think it adjusts play(Hydraulic), just the throw of the lever.
    Yea, but that affects the shifting. If there is no play than it can hurt the clutch plates or if it is more than normal than the the gear shifter is a bit hard and requires a bit more push and pull for shifting between gears.
    Check this Vid, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DJyTxX-u_c

ridinglearn,
    Your links don't even apply to an F6B. There are no sprockets and chain in the driveline and the youtube link applies to a cable actuated clutch which we don't have. The clutch on an F6B is hydraulic with no free play adjustment.

Very confusing. Chains and sprockets WTF?
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Its weird but I had this issue a lot more when i used amsoil. I went to the honda full synthetic and it got better. Then i tried the honda synthetic and natural blend. Much better, has not happened since. Also some great advice from Big Larry. Only upshift above 3k rpms. His advice was actually 4k but the 3k rule works well for me.
    Always hated the way my 2013 shifted. Tried a few different techniques but shift were clunky at best. Just tried your suggestion to shift at 3K or above and it feels a LOT better. Can't believe how much smoother the shifts are!!!!!
    Thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    Always hated the way my 2013 shifted. Tried a few different techniques but shift were clunky at best. Just tried your suggestion to shift at 3K or above and it feels a LOT better. Can't believe how much smoother the shifts are!!!!!
    Thanks a million!
    I have found big larry to be one smart cookie.