How would you attach my cool 'tank bag'? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you attach my cool 'tank bag'?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    Here's another suggestion.

I got the Hopnel HD90-101BKC from Amazon. I removed the stitching on the plastic EZ-Mount clip from the "back" piece and bolted it to the lower right side shelter. You can get EZ-Mount Belt Holder so you can hang all the various bags that Big Bike Parts.
    Attachment 7566Attachment 7567
    Thanks for the post...

Question:
    When you attached to the right side did you have to remove the cover or just screwed it in? I'm not sure how to mess with those side panels, which seems like Honda could have made them better for us to customize... I might be able to use something like that... maybe on both sides of sorts...

It's easy to remove. My suggestion is to search YouTube for or "F6B Coolant Change" or "F6B Air Filter Change." You'll get MORE information than you need now but, for future reference, it's also good to see how the entire shelter comes off.

Basically you remove the entire outer plastic strip by pulling on the bottom side of the plate under the panel with the glove compartment lock. The "plate" where the Hopnel EZ-Clip will be mounted.

Pull out and up all the way up the strip being careful of the tab at the top of the strip.

I marked my holes, drilled, and mounted. Be conscious of the space behind the panel for the bolts. I used flat head screws and did a little counter sink on the back side of the holes so the heads where flush as possible and the threads stick outside with the nuts on the outside.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    It's easy to remove. My suggestion is to search YouTube for or "F6B Coolant Change" or "F6B Air Filter Change." You'll get MORE information than you need now but, for future reference, it's also good to see how the entire shelter comes off.

Basically you remove the entire outer plastic strip by pulling on the bottom side of the plate under the panel with the glove compartment lock. The "plate" where the Hopnel EZ-Clip will be mounted.

Pull out and up all the way up the strip being careful of the tab at the top of the strip.

I marked my holes, drilled, and mounted. Be conscious of the space behind the panel for the bolts. I used flat head screws and did a little counter sink on the back side of the holes so the heads where flush as possible and the threads stick outside with the nuts on the outside.
    Hey thanks again... if i can get into that side it woudl be nice.... I've seen an air filter change but did nto pay attention to the right side.... i'll have to look again...
    -ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by Macs_F6B View Post
    Hello,

I want to use a fanny bag as my tank bag! So anyone got an idea how i might attach it? I only need to just hold it on each side, not real strong, not much wind there.... I called 3M and there command strips are not to be used on paint.. (those easy remove clips for hanging pics on the walls) so not sure...

I don't' know how to take apart all that plastic to add something like a strap. I was thinking about some thing to stick to 'tank' and have it clip/attach to the sides of the bag.

Oh well....

Please let me know what you are thinking.

-Mac
    What about the magnetic one instead of mounted straps. I have been using this one https://www.vikingbags.com/vikingbag...cycle-tank-bag and it's pretty stick while riding on high speed.I'm using it from six month without damaging the tank paint.

A magnet won't work on plastic.