How would you attach my cool 'tank bag'?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you attach my cool 'tank bag'?

How would you attach my cool 'tank bag'?

Hello,

I want to use a fanny bag as my tank bag! So anyone got an idea how i might attach it? I only need to just hold it on each side, not real strong, not much wind there.... I called 3M and there command strips are not to be used on paint.. (those easy remove clips for hanging pics on the walls) so not sure...

I don't' know how to take apart all that plastic to add something like a strap. I was thinking about some thing to stick to 'tank' and have it clip/attach to the sides of the bag.

Oh well....

Please let me know what you are thinking.

-Mac
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kiss your paint goodbye. Unless you cover the areas that it touches with a clear plastic paint guard you will be very unhappy. The new type of paint will not tolerate any thing laying on it. I think Motion Pro has a peal and stick product.

Your going to cover up your fuel door? What the heck is going on at the center cubby?

oh yea... I've got a whiteboard on my cubby I use it a lot.....

cover up fuel door, yep, that's why i need a minimal way to install so just easily lift it off.... I think it will be great... I'm gonna mount my phone on the TB as well.... I like it there as opposed to handlebars vibration and all... just my opinion...

How about sewing some elastic about 2" wide to the back of it. Open the fuel door, place loop over the door and close it.

Why not just wear it! This way the tank area stays clean and no scratches on the paint.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Because "cool fanny pack" is an oxymoron!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Kiss your paint goodbye. Unless you cover the areas that it touches with a clear plastic paint guard you will be very unhappy. The new type of paint will not tolerate any thing laying on it. I think Motion Pro has a peal and stick product.
    Thanks man.. thats what i need.. I thought about that... I'll look for some protection to put on tank.... maybe i can do that and then something like six2go said..... I have an extra fuel cap in case i mess this one up....

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Because "cool fanny pack" is an oxymoron!
    yea that true i reckon... but things are a changn... now they call them like belt bags or something.... I got this one for cheap and should work if i can figure it out, yea i can be a bit geeky...

Here's another suggestion.

I got the Hopnel HD90-101BKC from Amazon. I removed the stitching on the plastic EZ-Mount clip from the "back" piece and bolted it to the lower right side shelter. You can get EZ-Mount Belt Holder so you can hang all the various bags that Big Bike Parts.
    20200721_091107.jpg20200721_091115.jpg
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.