Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
We got caught on the BRP once, left and the temps were fine, but once up there, a cold front blew in like a big dog. We were totally unprepared clothing wise, but couldn't get off the the parkway. The water from the streams rolling down the rocks was freezing. Luckily, we found a little tourism center that had a fire going inside. I was never so happy to get off a bike, but we still had to leave and ride until we found an exit and back to my buddy's hanger.
That’s just it, once you’re out there, your stuck until an exit or something. It was a day I’ll never forget. Most of it was my fault for not wearing the gear. I had it with me, but made a huge judgement error. I was in Fancy Gap for gas, it rained a little, then stopped. The clouds looked bad, bad I heard those things blow over, so I continued. WRONG. I just arrived home and am happy to be back. It wasn’t the best trip, but it wasn’t a waste either. I might be done with the south. If I get another chance, I’ll head west next time. Nothing will top my first time down there anyway.