Still wavering! ------- or Baggershield? Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still wavering! ------- or Baggershield? Thanks!

Still wavering! ------- or Baggershield? Thanks!

Mornin,' y'all,
    We take the opinions of this group seriously, but having needed a windshield for my 2013 for seven years, I've had it, and still indecision---need to make a choice. The F6B crew seems to like the "Irate statistic" over the Baggershield. (Has anything else appeared on the replacement-screen "radar?") Is the "Irate statistic" THAT much better for the extra $$? And install--the Baggershield is just replacing the shield; how much extra install hassle is the Irate one?
    Thanks and God bless
    Last edited by elnino; 07-24-2020 at 10:43 AM.

You have three choices, Buy the M first, buy the M second or live with an inferior shield.

I had a Klock Werks Flare (sp) on my previous B and liked it a lot. I now have the angry shield that came already mounted, and like it too. It’s the tall version, I believe 14”. I had to stand on my pegs to get wind in my face. However, I’m just a tad under 6’ and I’m looking through it, not over. I will say vision is very good, not distorted at all. It’s so individual, it’s really a costly experiment. You have to hope to make the right first choice.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    You have three choices, Buy the M first, buy the M second or live with an inferior shield.

I'll live with my non-fugly shield.

The other option is Windbender by Fire Creek, another great laminar windshield. Friend had this on his Wing and loved it, I also did when I tried out his bike. I think it looks a bit better on the bike than the Stad. . .

That being said I have the Bagger Shield, just the tinted lower, and I like it. I wish I had purchased the adjustable version so I had the clear 3" for those long road tours. Otherwise it's wider and I can hear my music. Baggershield WON'T sell just the top adjustable part separately.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 07-24-2020 at 04:16 PM.

For me now, it’s about performance more than looks.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I also have the Windbender by Fire Creek. I had one on my previous Goldwing and didn't hesitate to put one on the B. Its a great windshield, is very adjustable and looks great.

I have tried a few shields. For reference, I'm 6'1" and long in the torso. I have run an AngryStad for ~3-4 years on my F6b. Mine has the 15" outer shield (the size recommended on the manufacturer's site for my height). Whether fully up or down, I'm looking over it. Fully up, it creates a very, very still pocket around me. Fully down, it gives more air on hot days, but still quite buffet free, with the air reaching the top of my helmet and a nice breeze around the chin. I added linear actuators to mine so I can adjust it on the fly.

Prior to the AngryStad, I had the Honda Tall with vent (very turbulent and quite low for me) and a Clearview Full Wing +4" (i.e. 4 inches taller than a Full Wing factory shield) with vent that worked well, but it never quite matched the AngryStad for smooth airflow. That thing was a barn door.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yep, but in my case, I tried four different windshields before the M.
    Save your time and money, get the M and live happily ever after.
    Not only does it work as expected, I still get a ton of compliments on the looks, even from the H-D riders.

I purchased the BaggerShield 11"-19" adjustable 5 years ago

Pros:

It's adjustable (some work involved), I'm 6' 4", I have the lower shield set at the highest position, perfect for hot weather and looking good around town

On long rides I flip the upper shield, easy to do, works great

Looks much better than the "other" 2 piece shield

Cons:

Two piece

Does not look as good as some of the 1 piece shields although no one has ever mentioned it

More wind buffeting at hwy speeds than the "other" 2 piece shield

For my riding style, I could not be happier