If You Bought an Extended Warranty... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If You Bought an Extended Warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Having to wait over two months just to know if something is covered? That's a USELESS warranty. After I bought my new 1998 Valkyrie I was talking to a Honda service manager about warranty coverage should I need it. He said Honda bent over backwards to cover Goldwings because the owners were loyal and important to their business. Honda isn't the same company it was then.

I was on the fence until I read this post. I'm going to put my $600 in a good ETF. My chances of coming out ahead will be better!
    It looks like your found your reason not to buy one, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    It looks like your found your reason not to buy one, good luck!
    I didn't think twice about it when they were $399. But after Honda raised their prices significantly a few years ago the decision got tougher. I could still change my mind until the bikes birthday next week. Interestingly, some manufacturers will extend your warranty after the original one expires, but you have to pay to have the vehicle inspected.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Around here it is hard to even get a quick appointment. All the metric places also sell jet boats and ATVs and stay really busy with that crap, esp jet boats in the summer.
    I can't blame the dealers. They need that other stuff to survive. Motorcycles don't sell like they used to, while snowmobiles and ATVs help get them through the fall and winter.

I was talking to a guy who used to sell motorcycles at Lakewood Honda, which at one time claimed to be the largest Goldwing dealer in the nation. They've since been sold, renamed, and moved. He described an early summer day in the 1980s, when Honda totally dominated the market. It was a Saturday, and the dealership delivered 11 new Goldwings! It would have been an even dozen, but one customer worked late and couldn't pick his up before closing. How times have changed! These days, many dealers would be thrilled to sell that many Wings in a year.