If You Bought an Extended Warranty... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If You Bought an Extended Warranty...

Just check the cost of an oem alternator and see the failure rate rise as the years pass......if it were me I would get it just for that.

Dave. I decided to get it just before the original expired in March. Decided it was a good security blanket for me.

I've put 15K on my 2016 in one year so I went ahead and got the extended warranty AND the roadside assistance. Purchased 6/9/2020 for $645.

Not sure if this is the cheapest but the following dealer and sales rep was posted here on the forum...Max's Cycle, Abilene, TX, 325-673-4636, Talk to Al Miller.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

They make money selling extended warranties. In Florida not even allowed to call them a warranty, must be called an insurance policy and are more expensive. I have two Hondas an 03 and a 15 with about 120K between the two. Neither has ever been in the shop except for valve check/adjustment. More frequent maintenance I'm not willing to do is also required so I always pass.

Thanks for all the replies. The experiences are similar to mine. My 2 Valkyries and 2 F6Bs with about 350,000 combined miles have been very reliable. The only surprise was the audio amp. I looked that up and it's not cheap! That's the first I've heard of that one so it must be a truly random failure and not a flawed design.

I still have a week to decide and may end up flipping a coin!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I've put 15K on my 2016 in one year so I went ahead and got the extended warranty AND the roadside assistance. Purchased 6/9/2020 for $645.

Not sure if this is the cheapest but the following dealer and sales rep was posted here on the forum...Max's Cycle, Abilene, TX, 325-673-4636, Talk to Al Miller.
    I'm curious if you also got a quote for just the warranty. I already have roadside assistance with my AMA membership, which is a very good deal as it covers any family member and any vehicle you own.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I'm curious if you also got a quote for just the warranty. I already have roadside assistance with my AMA membership, which is a very good deal as it covers any family member and any vehicle you own.
    It's $595 w/o the roadside. The benefit of the roadside is your bike goes to a Honda dealer.

I have a transmission problem on my 2013 F6B 48,000 miles
    They had to pull the engine and split the case to take pictures to send to Honda to see if Honda will cover it. Been waiting since May 26, 2020

stevenolts

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have a transmission problem on my 2013 F6B 48,000 miles
    They had to pull the engine and split the case to take pictures to send to Honda to see if Honda will cover it. Been waiting since May 26, 2020

stevenolts
    Having to wait over two months just to know if something is covered? That's a USELESS warranty. After I bought my new 1998 Valkyrie I was talking to a Honda service manager about warranty coverage should I need it. He said Honda bent over backwards to cover Goldwings because the owners were loyal and important to their business. Honda isn't the same company it was then.

I was on the fence until I read this post. I'm going to put my $600 in a good ETF. My chances of coming out ahead will be better!
    Last edited by F6Dave; 08-06-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Around here it is hard to even get a quick appointment. All the metric places also sell jet boats and ATVs and stay really busy with that crap, esp jet boats in the summer.