fuse problem ??

Thread: fuse problem ??

fuse problem ??

I rode my 2013 F6B up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan over the weekend , last week I put on a new car tire but like an idiot I left the OEM valve stem in instead of changing to a metal one. So of course on the trip up my tire was low, I plug my little air pump into the cigarette plug and popped the fuse, rode the rest of the way to Michigan and fixed the fuse and had a tire shop put another valve stem in.
    My problem now is, that the radio doesn't work or even show on the dash, plus every time I turn the key off, I have to reset the clock....I pulled multiple fuses trying to find the bad cigarette lighter fuse, and think I got them all back into their original spot, but can't swear on that....
    Any ideas on what I might have done wrong? Someone mentioned pulling the battery cable loose to reset stuff that way but I don't know ?

Had that happen with my Valkyrie about 10 years ago. Has a bad stem and when I used my pump to inflate the tire it blew the accessory fuse. Now my pump connect straight to the battery with alligator clips. As for your fuse problem I couldn't guess without looking it over myself.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

First, let me recommend the VICTOR Bell Automotive Bellaire 500 - TIRE INFLATOR from Amazon. It's not fast but it doesn't blow the 5AMP AUX fuse I have my 12VDC outlet connected to.

Second, I would make sure all the fuses are completely seated on the fuse block. I'd say a fuse isn't seated correctly OR it's now open/blown. You could lift the Pos and Neg cable to the battery, check each fuse, then reconnect the battery cables.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Thanks guys, I will check it out and let you know what I find

well I found the problem with the bike, I had moved one fuse to the wrong spot after I checked it.....all is good now

After reading this thread I was thinking this could happen to me as I have an older pump. So I picked up one of these pumps that don’t require power from the bike. It holds a charge for 6 months and is a backup usb device charger. Works good. https://www.amazon.com/Compressor-In.../dp/B082NLKLMJ

that looks like a nice little unit to have

Just ordered after reading all the positive reviews. Going to add this to a plug kit and keep on the bike.
    Thanks for the link!

Someone needs to combine this type of pump with a battery jump starter AND design it right in to a (car) cubby hole with a charging connection off the cars 12VDC.

On the bike...My Weego Jump starter and the Victor Tire Pump take up as much room as the Battery Air Compressor would.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.