Stone rebate

Thread: Stone rebate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Careful about buying on-line. My rear Bridgestone that I bought on-line buzzes annoyingly at about 35mph (+/-). Of course I found that out after paying $50 to get it installed. I'm in a lose, lose situation regardless of what I do now.

I guess it is kinda like buying fast food. You are more likely to get the order you want if you go in and get it vs drive-through.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Careful about buying on-line. My rear Bridgestone that I bought on-line buzzes annoyingly at about 35mph (+/-). Of course I found that out after paying $50 to get it installed. I'm in a lose, lose situation regardless of what I do now.

I guess it is kinda like buying fast food. You are more likely to get the order you want if you go in and get it vs drive-through.
    How many miles do you have on the rear tire.

I disagree! The chances of getting a defective tire is the same everywhere, you only have a shop you can fight with to try and make a warranty vrs if purchased on line you have to do it yourself and might incur shipping or remounting cost.

Have to say, this is a first time I heard about a buzz sound. When they balanced it, unless you used beads, they should have noticed an untrue tread on the spin. I would think you still have some kind of warranty. At least inquire with where you purchased it. Dumb question, but it’s mounted in the correct direction I assume?
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Have to say, this is a first time I heard about a buzz sound. When they balanced it, unless you used beads, they should have noticed an untrue tread on the spin. I would think you still have some kind of warranty. At least inquire with where you purchased it. Dumb question, but it’s mounted in the correct direction I assume?
    Yes, it is mounted the correct direction. I was hoping for that, too.
    I believe it is the tread somehow. In a corner, the buzz completely goes away to silky smooth. It was actually a bit scary at first. It feels like you are suddenly sliding smoothly through the corner.
    I have found that it will also smooth out on sharp lane changes. I have tried different pressures and found that the higher the pressure the easier it is to lean and get rid of the buzz. So, I think it is the tread. It's ridiculously buzzy, though.
    I haven't been riding much, but I am hoping a nice flat chicken strip will eventually get rid of the buzz.
    I won't be buying on-line again.
    Albuquerque, NM

I have always done the online thing with tires until I bought my last front Bridgestone. I had the bike at a small shop I use getting some minor maintenance done so I had them get the tire and install it. It cost a little more but it sure was hassle free and I know the shop so any problem would have been taken care of.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.