Stone rebate - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stone rebate

I'd call Bridgestone. Several years back Avon made a lot of front tires that caused a wobble. Several Valkyrie owners got the bad tires replaced, and Avon even paid for the installation. It's worth a try.

Yes a good company will stand behind its product. And even include shipping and mounting. My bet is a shop will not do it unless the tire company will cover cost. A small hum at a certain speed is prob going to be an argument. At the Honda shop here years ago and looking at the stock of tires on hand and all were marked with the same distribution company name I was buying from.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Careful about buying on-line. My rear Bridgestone that I bought on-line buzzes annoyingly at about 35mph (+/-). Of course I found that out after paying $50 to get it installed. I'm in a lose, lose situation regardless of what I do now.

I guess it is kinda like buying fast food. You are more likely to get the order you want if you go in and get it vs drive-through.
    I have always done the online thing with tires until I bought my last front Bridgestone. I had the bike at a small shop I use getting some minor maintenance done so I had them get the tire and install it. It cost a little more but it sure was hassle free and I know the shop so any problem would have been taken care of.
    Blame No One, Expect Nothing, Do Something!!!!
    Bill Parcells.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Have to say, this is a first time I heard about a buzz sound. When they balanced it, unless you used beads, they should have noticed an untrue tread on the spin. I would think you still have some kind of warranty. At least inquire with where you purchased it. Dumb question, but it’s mounted in the correct direction I assume?
    Yes, it is mounted the correct direction. I was hoping for that, too.
    I believe it is the tread somehow. In a corner, the buzz completely goes away to silky smooth. It was actually a bit scary at first. It feels like you are suddenly sliding smoothly through the corner.
    I have found that it will also smooth out on sharp lane changes. I have tried different pressures and found that the higher the pressure the easier it is to lean and get rid of the buzz. So, I think it is the tread. It's ridiculously buzzy, though.
    I haven't been riding much, but I am hoping a nice flat chicken strip will eventually get rid of the buzz.
    I won't be buying on-line again.
    Albuquerque, NM