no balance needed

Thread: no balance needed

no balance needed

Just got a front tire mounted on a rim that did not have a tire on it so easy job. They only charged me 25 bucks which is cheap, I thought because of not having to remove the old tire and dispose of it. When I got home noticed the new tire did not have any balance weights installed on it at all. Ah Ha! that is why so cheap they did not balance. I set up to blance it myself and low and behold it was perfect as is. I know it happens some times but guess if you went ahead and put in beads or goo it would have been wasted. It was a Bridgestone.

My Bridgestones which I had put on last month required no weights also. And, smooth as silk. The Dunlop E4s that I took off had required really large weights to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    My Bridgestones which I had put on last month required no weights also. And, smooth as silk. The Dunlop E4s that I took off had required really large weights to balance.
    I think that is part of the “Honda wobble”. I never had it until I went with an e4. I’ll be going back to the Stone when I wear this one out just to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Just got a front tire mounted on a rim that did not have a tire on it so easy job. They only charged me 25 bucks which is cheap, I thought because of not having to remove the old tire and dispose of it. When I got home noticed the new tire did not have any balance weights installed on it at all. Ah Ha! that is why so cheap they did not balance. I set up to blance it myself and low and behold it was perfect as is. I know it happens some times but guess if you went ahead and put in beads or goo it would have been wasted. It was a Bridgestone.
    Hey Michael, I had a new front Bridgestone installed by TurnOne over this way and it did require a weight. This was installed about 2-3 months ago. I'm riding BS on my Valkyrie as well and have been very satisfied w/ the ride and handling. $25 is a good price too. We need to catch up.

I have E4s on mine now. Noisiest, lousy tires I’ve ever run on a bike. Back to BS for me.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Am I making a mistake by running a bridgestone in front and an e4 on the back? I picked up a big nail on stock rear stone and replaced it with a e4. Now its time at 12k to replace the front. I hit rain coming home from Atlanta visit to traxxion. It was super stable in the rain with this set up. I want the bridgestone as its a little more forgiving i think. Also running lower tire pressures now after suspension work. 37/39 psi now.
    Last edited by Audiochris90; 08-09-2020 at 02:54 PM.

I have heard one person claim that is the best combo to go with! Certainly do not see anything wrong with it.

I'd been using Dyna Beads with good results but ran out. So I tried BBs as was suggested here. They work great, are easy to install, cost much less, and don't clog the valve core.